Old February 21st 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mikem

Default Interesting Listening on Short wave?

Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

Old February 21st 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 21 Feb 2006 14:51:36 -0800, "mikem" wrote:

Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

Read his book. Get's less ''far-fetched'' by the minute.

http://www.hourofthetime.com/williamcooper.html

Old February 21st 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Buzzygirl

"mikem" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?

Radio Havana's jazz music, CRI's "People in the Know," and many of Radio
Netherland's interviews and documentaries. It's pretty much a safe bet that
if exotic indigenous music is on, I'll stop and listen to it.

Jackie

Old February 21st 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.drugabuse.rickets
dxAce

David wrote:

On 21 Feb 2006 14:51:36 -0800, "mikem" wrote:

Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

Read his book. Get's less ''far-fetched'' by the minute.

http://www.hourofthetime.com/williamcooper.html

Yeah, right.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"mikem" wrote:

Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like? I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour
of the Time".

If you like a good rant on short-wave its Alex Jones.

http://www.infowars.com/listen.html

Not on short-wave but AMBCB is Michael Savage.

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/

I can only listen to either of these guys in small doses. I didn't know
Bill Cooper tapes were still being played.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 22nd 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
"mikem" wrote:

Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like? I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour
of the Time".

If you like a good rant on short-wave its Alex Jones.

http://www.infowars.com/listen.html

Not on short-wave but AMBCB is Michael Savage.

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/

I can only listen to either of these guys in small doses. I didn't know
Bill Cooper tapes were still being played.

WWCR has a lot of Alex Jones and Bill Cooper type programming. I believe
their website is wwcr.com, you can probably find a program guide there.
Lots of lesser-known kooks broadcast on SW. I wonder if WBCQ is still
on, they have some quirky stuff produced by former pirates. For the king
of the rabid dogs, search the net for clips of Steve Anderson, a militia
member who had a pirate station called United Patriot Radio some six
years ago. He's now in prison for trying to kill a cop.

Old February 22nd 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mikem wrote:
Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

" Radio New York International" Sundays at 8:00 7.415

"Alan Wiener Worldwide" 8:00 Fridays 7.415

" Radio TimTron" Fridays & other times 7.415

" Other Music Shows" 7.415

" Michael Ketter Shows & Jean Shepherd 7.415

" Financial Survival 2000" 4:00 P.M. 7.415

Other stuff, like 11.175 USB, BBC when it broadcasts, radio New
Zealand.. Radio China, Some of Canada and the occasional Ham

Old February 22nd 06, 03:57 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem
Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".
I like hearing news that I don't hear in the mainstream media, and cultural information such as tourism info, popular food or restaurants, traditions, differences with American culture, and music shows. Right now my favorite stations are Radio Havana Cuba, Radio Taiwan International, and Radio Netherlands. I wish I could reliably receive more European and Middle Eastern broadcasters such as Spain, Sweden, Germany (Deutsche Welle), Israel, and India.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old February 22nd 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
seigezunt

mikem wrote:
Any good, entertaining broadcasts out there worth tuning in to? What
do you folks like?
I liked listening to the late Bill Cooper's "Hour of the Time".

I enjoy Radio Netherlands programs a lot. They had a great program
recently on a 17th-Century mutiny/massacre in Australia, the name
escapes me at the moment, which was riveting.

I also enjoy the cultural programming on Voice of Turkey, especially
the one on Turkish customs. A recent one on th practice of circumcision
was, um, painful to listen to, but fascinating.

I enjoy Iran's Voice of Justice for a chuckle. And I check out the news
on Kol Israel every day, unfiltered by American media agendas.

Another fave, though I don't seem to be able to get it much these days,
is the pop music programs from Radio Japan. I love listening to any
kind of world/folk music which isn't available on the abomination that
is American FM radio. Radio Bulgaria and R. Hungary seem to have good
music offerings, too.

I would love to see postings of good programs to check out for music...

Old February 23rd 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.drugabuse.rickets
Billy Smith

You have to remember that the illiterate DxAce doesn't read anything much
like his master in the White House.