Old February 24th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mike maghakian

Default the wonderful wizard of Sadieville !!!

notice how this very good radio from a consignment shop becomes MINT from
one owner !!!! "one owner from new Drake SSR-1 general coverage receiver
whilst I was there" so sayeth the WIZARD of Sadieville

..notice the serial number as proof

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-SSR-1-Rece...QQcmdZViewItem

he truely is a magician who can transform radios !!!!!

Old February 24th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Hmmm, so eBay auction # 5860321071 was "a shack clearance" that Martyn
was "invited to"...

Old February 24th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jasper Maskelyne,the War Magician? I have a book here about the War
Magician of World War Two. www.google.com The War Magician
They spread coal on the River Thames so as to block Moonlight from
shineing on the River so much.Very interesting book,it is.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IonSpot

I think you got it wrong...Marty was invited to a shack sale....but the
"shack" was in Arizona at a FleaBay iSoldit shoppe. He sure gets around!

The "mint" radio sure shows its battle scars and scratches better on the
consignment shop auction photo's....how come Marty didn't lift those shots
to use in his auction?
Oh, of course, the trademark red velvet background must be included!

Was the radio was "cleansed" and then declared mint?

Old February 25th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My old Goodwill store Battle scared radios haven't ever been
cleansed.But most of them work ok for me.No red velvet curtains here
either.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

junius wrote:

Hmmm, so eBay auction # 5860321071 was "a shack clearance" that Martyn
was "invited to"...

Yes..he seems to be invited to hundreds of those. I don't know how he
finds the time.

mike
Old February 25th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
sapper

What about the $5.00 fee to pick up the item? That seams odd to me.
sapper