Old March 7th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Noise Shut Me Down

Maybe if you let them use your portable AM radio up there in their
cherry picker and they can move up and down the street,they might find
where the loudest noise/inteference is coming from,from
wherever/whatever.
Only a thought I had.
cuhulin

Old March 8th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

For One and All,

QUESTION - Does anyone know of any specific type
of RF Sniffer equipment that Power Companies use
to locate RF Noise Sources on their Power Poles ???

The may be RadioTexMex could suggest that his local
Power Company find/buy one and use it to Help Eliminate
Customer related RF Noise Sources Complaints from
their Power Poles and Equipment.

hey it's just an idea - iane ~ RHF
Old March 8th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.google.com Electric Power Companies Radio Frequency Noise
Sources

I dont know,I think most electric power companies are more interested in
delivering the electric power to wherever it is suppose to go than
hunting down sources of radio frequency inteference.
I wonder if it could be something to do with some faulty phone equipment
up there on those poles?
cuhulin

Old March 8th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Powerline Noise Hunting. www.qsl.net/n8dmt/powerline.html

Build that rig and you can do your own powerline noise hunting.About
three years ago I bought one of those Radio Shack Airband radios.Cheap
piece of junk it was,a few days later I took it back to Radio Shack and
got my ten dollars back.
cuhulin

Old March 8th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/31663