Old March 7th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default QEX

Any body here read QEX?

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Old March 7th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Caveat Lector

In the past, I subscribed to QEX - great publication.
When I retaired, had to cut back on Radio Mag subscriptions (;-(

For others, QEX is the ARRL "Forum for Communications Experimenters."
Published bimonthly, it features technical articles, columns, and other
items of interest to radio amateurs and communications professionals. The
mission of QEX is to:

1.. provide a medium for the exchange of ideas and information among
Amateur Radio experimenters,
2.. document advanced technical work in the Amateur Radio field, and
3.. support efforts to advance the state of the Amateur Radio art.

--
73, CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"N9NEO" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any body here read QEX?

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Old March 8th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Liesenfeld

N9NEO wrote:

Any body here read QEX?

Yes, and it has some very insightful themes. Unfortunately the editing,
proofreading and continuity checking is atrocious or altogether
missing. Frequently a very frustrating read.

Bob WB0POQ

Old March 8th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
craig

I agree with Bob about the editing (or lack thereof). I'm just coming
back to ham radio after a long absence, and was looking forward to a
high qualitiy technical publication when I subscribed to QEX. I'm
basing my review on only two issues, but so far I'm not at all
impressed. For a bi-monthly publication a very low article count.
Many of the articles are rambling and unfocused. Very poor
standardization and consistency of graphics. Think I read that they
just got a new editor, so perhaps things will improve - lets hope so!

... Craig AC0DS