RadioBanter

-   -   voice of iran (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90628-voice-iran.html)

adam214 March 15th 06 09:55 AM

voice of iran

I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

Telamon March 16th 06 02:00 AM

voice of iran

In article 1142418588.758459@teuthos, adam214
wrote:

I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

So what time are you listening them in UTC hours?

Where are you located? The middle east can be hard to get out here out
he west coast.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

SeeingEyeDogg March 16th 06 02:28 AM

voice of iran

"adam214" wrote in message
I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

I can here and watch the same propaganda on CNN.

running dogg March 16th 06 04:57 AM

voice of iran

wrote:

I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

So what time are you listening them in UTC hours?

Where are you located? The middle east can be hard to get out here out
he west coast.

Apparently Iran has only 2 or 3 English segments. One of them is the
"Voice of Justice" propaganda station directed at America. The others
are regular VOIRI broadcasts. If you want to hear Quran readings and
prayers you can tune to Saudi Arabia's domestic service on 15170
starting at 0300. Sometimes you can even get it in California. It's all
in Arabic, but Muslims pray the same around the world.

Telamon March 16th 06 05:18 AM

voice of iran

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for replying with the programming information. I'll have to give
Iran a try. Saudi Arabia is one country I have heard the last few months
as they have 500kW transmitters! Israel I have not heard. I used to get
them in the past but not lately.

I don't know where adam214 is located or you are located or whether you
have heard Iran. This is one reason I put my location in the signature
do people don't have to remember or ask.

Have you heard Iran lately and how well?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

clifto March 16th 06 05:42 AM

voice of iran

SeeingEyeDogg wrote:
"adam214" wrote...
I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

I can here and watch the same propaganda on CNN.

Yeah, but does your television have a synchronous detector? :)

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

adam214 March 16th 06 05:57 AM

voice of iran

wrote:

I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

So what time are you listening them in UTC hours?

Where are you located? The middle east can be hard to get out here out
he west coast.

15:30 for 1 hour in southern Australia,i think it is good to hear there
*voice* instead of the voice skewed by western media that is the
beauty of SW.

Here is the schedule of VOI copied from my trusty passport to world band :)

0130-0230 6120,9495,9665,11875 (n america)
1030-1130 15460,15480,15600,17660 (s asia)
1530-1630 7330 9635 9940(audible in AUS) 11650 (s asia & SE asia)
1930-2030 6010 7205 7320 9800 9855 9925 11695 11860 (europe,s africa,europe)

All those programs are the English ones

Steve March 16th 06 01:54 PM

voice of iran

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
clifto wrote:

SeeingEyeDogg wrote:
"adam214" wrote...
I can get VOI on 9940, with varieing clarity and stuff usually its best
when there is no interference.It is a interesting little station and if
you tune in at the right time, you can hear the call to pray which is
good.You have readings of the koran and news about iran it is
interesting.If you are lacking decent listening i suggest you listen to
this to hear a very different perspective.

DISCUSS!

I can here and watch the same propaganda on CNN.

Yeah, but does your television have a synchronous detector? :)

He can't even post on topic reply in an on topic thread. Ask him if he
has a shrink. I doubt he even has a short wave radio.

I for one would appreciate it if the political nut cases would stick to
the off topic flame threads or start their own thread.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Yes, I also wish that at least a majority of SeeingeyeDogg's posts were
on the topic of SW. Dogg, please extend us that courtesy.

Steve

running dogg March 16th 06 07:14 PM

voice of iran

Telamon wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am located in Sacramento, California. I have never heard the "Voice of
Justice" tx. It comes on at an inconvenient time for me. The couple
times that I've tried for it it has been just below the audibility
threshold, meaning that it sounds like mumbling because it's not strong
enough. I understand that the further east you are the easier it is to
hear. I might try the VOIRI tx to Southeast Asia, but that is at an
inconvenient time for me as well. As for Israel, I have never heard them
in English. I have picked up their Hebrew tx, but not English.

running dogg March 16th 06 07:22 PM

voice of iran

Telamon wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the schedule. I'll give it a try.

I just like listening to short wave broadcasts from a distance, radios,
playing with antennas and the content of course. I learned long ago to
value the direct broadcast over the USA media's take on it. Listening to
a direct broadcast from another country usually resulted in a very
different view being expressed. Never trust just one source.

The US media is controlled by a few large corporations beholden to their
friends in the US govt. News is considered entertainment. Substantive
news is nearly impossible to come by, as the big corporate media is too
busy reporting "human interest stories". Ecuador is in chaos but the US
media doesn't care. The army has dramatically stepped up its bombing of
Iraq but the "investigative reporters" won't touch it. I regularly
listen to the BBC for regular news and Radio Havana for stories that the
US media won't touch with a 39 foot pole.