Old March 18th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

On 17 Mar 2006 17:05:37 -0800, "junius" wrote:

Despite a few fluff programs on BBC World (e.g. that automotive-related
show), the content overall is actually pretty good, in my opinion.
Given a choice between BBC World and BBC WS, though, I'd opt for the
latter, as I guess you would, as well. I'm glad to see that Discovery
and BBC World have entered into this agreeement to make available BBC
World in the U.S. As far as television news networks go, BBC World has
a profound and distinct content edge over the lame news (I should say,
entertainment-posing-as-news) networks of CNN, MSNBC and FOX.

junius

I don't like TV news. The pictures get preference over the narrative.
It is cool when something blows up, but other than that I have no use
for it.

Old March 18th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"Beloved Leader" wrote:

**classical music fans have been the main losers in WETA's content
overhaul.**

Can you get WBJC where you are? I have heard it on a car radio as far
south as Culpeper VA.

Classical music is the best thing the public service stations around
here have in their favor. There is only one commercial station in LA
using the classical music format.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 18th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I would prefer to watch that naked Rusian news woman on Russky tv news
than that brit woman on bbc news.
cuhulin

Old March 18th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:59:35 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article . com,
"Beloved Leader" wrote:

**classical music fans have been the main losers in WETA's content
overhaul.**

Can you get WBJC where you are? I have heard it on a car radio as far
south as Culpeper VA.

Classical music is the best thing the public service stations around
here have in their favor. There is only one commercial station in LA
using the classical music format.

That's one more than most places.

Can you get these guys?

http://www.kusc.org/images/StationMap.gif

Old March 18th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Cool when something blows up? bush's ratings are at about thirty four
cents right now,,,, and like I,Me,Meself and I Said last year,,, there
is not anything on Earth bush can do to get his ratings back up.LOOK,,,,
I think "they" are planning "something" as in another fed govt in
cahoots with the zionist jews and mossad Strike on America.I sure hope I
am mistaken!!!
cuhulin

Old March 18th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If you listen to news from d.c.you are listening to Lies.Well,let me
back track on that a bit.Michael Graham told the Truth about the muslim
organazition of Terror,,, and look at what happened to him.Michael New
told the Truth (google search,Michael New) and Look at what happened to
him,,,,
cuhulin

Old March 18th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Beloved Leader

**With my Sangean 606A, however, receiving WBJC is
a hopeless affair in D.C. proper and in Arlington and Alexandria
counties.**

I just tried a few minutes ago in Alexandria, with a DX-399, off the
whip. I think that's the same as the Sangean 606A. WBJc does come in,
but I had to walk around the room to lfind the sweet spot. Even then it
was noisy. I got stereo reception using headphones, again with noise.
You could tolerate it in the background probably.

Old March 18th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I wouldn't listen to bbc if they paid me.I am trying to figure out how
to sweet talk that Bell South woman next door out of that 1955 Chevrolet
Cameo pickup truck she bought a couple of weeks ago.
cuhulin

Old March 18th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

FWIW - IMHO the BBC-WS News is less-liberal-slanted and
less-anti-american then most of the News and Information
Programming that Originates from PBS and NPR or PRI ~ RHF
Old March 18th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Telamon wrote:
Classical music is the best thing the public service stations around
here have in their favor. There is only one commercial station in LA
using the classical music format.

Around here they mainly do jazz, especially the college station WDCB.
It's wonderful.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.