Old March 20th 06, 06:16 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Stephen Newlyn

Default Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry broadcasts

Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry aftermath damage reports and information
can be heard on 11650 Khz with a temporary relay of the domestic "ABC Far
North" service of ABC Queensland.

--
-----------------
**Save the HF (Shortwave) Radio Spectrum! Eliminate Broadband over Power

Old March 20th 06, 06:54 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Ashley VK3HAG

Thx, good sigs to VK3.

Where do you find this info all the time Stephen?

Ash VK3HAG

Old March 20th 06, 11:16 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
gonesailing_gonefishing

Ashley VK3HAG wrote:

Thx, good sigs to VK3.

Where do you find this info all the time Stephen?

He finds the good stuff because he clearly is a superior person to you,
ashley boyo and unlike you he doesn't waste time on a ****ty little
website with obsolete and incorrect data.

Old March 20th 06, 11:30 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Kev

gonesailing_gonefishing wrote:

Ashley VK3HAG wrote:

Thx, good sigs to VK3.

Where do you find this info all the time Stephen?

He finds the good stuff because he clearly is a superior person to you,
ashley boyo and unlike you he doesn't waste time on a ****ty little
website with obsolete and incorrect data.

No No No
that's not right
everyone knows the correct way to find radio stuff is to sit in a
clapped out Torana wasted on wacky weed and then steal everyone elses
web pages, make a pathetic attempt to disguse the fact then copyright it
as their own

Aint that right Ashley

Kev
Old March 20th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My name is Larry,but y'all can't blame that Cyclone on me.I had nothing
to do with it.
cuhulin

Old March 20th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:46:18 -0600, wrote:

My name is Larry,but y'all can't blame that Cyclone on me.I had nothing
to do with it.
cuhulin

Of course you did. Everything affets everything else. Besides, you
have a Crown Vic or some such land yacht don't you?

Old March 20th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What does my 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria car have anything to do with
the weather? It just sits there in my driveway.I think them Austrasians
remamed that Cyclone,Cyclone Alice and they sent that bad stormy weather
over this way.
cuhulin

Old March 22nd 06, 10:01 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
morse code

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:46:07 +1030, "Stephen Newlyn"
wrote:

Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry aftermath damage reports and information
can be heard on 11650 Khz with a temporary relay of the domestic "ABC Far
North" service of ABC Queensland.

a great idea using RA trasmitters??, but as a percentage of listerns
in the FNQ area who listens for even knows HF bands exist.

does any one know how many abc/sbs/ect AM/FM are now out of action
Old March 22nd 06, 10:59 PM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry aftermath damage reports and information
can be heard on 11650 Khz with a temporary relay of the domestic "ABC Far
North" service of ABC Queensland.

a great idea using RA trasmitters??, but as a percentage of listerns
in the FNQ area who listens for even knows HF bands exist.

does any one know how many abc/sbs/ect AM/FM are now out of action

It would be useful to hear from somebody in the area, but they are
probably rather pre-occupied at present.

However, given the extent of publicity regarding cyclone warning etc,
I would expect a reasonable level of awareness and capability to
receive HF services in the region - especially given that many rural
areas would have only marginal quality MF and FM reception.

Damn, another smart-arse spoiling a good story ;-))

Keith G Malcolm

Old March 23rd 06, 11:10 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
The Old Bloke

Geez Mate. why so rude?
"gonesailing_gonefishing" wrote in
message oups.com...

Ashley VK3HAG wrote:

Thx, good sigs to VK3.

Where do you find this info all the time Stephen?

He finds the good stuff because he clearly is a superior person to you,
ashley boyo and unlike you he doesn't waste time on a ****ty little
website with obsolete and incorrect data.

No No No
that's not right
everyone knows the correct way to find radio stuff is to sit in a
clapped out Torana wasted on wacky weed and then steal everyone elses
web pages, make a pathetic attempt to disguse the fact then copyright it
as their own

Aint that right Ashley

Kev

But only if the trarner's back seat is full of cockroach infested mac
scrotum wrappings and don't forget the bottle of JD under the front
seat .