Old March 21st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jon

Default Re. 15.435 mgz?

Greetings All! Not a big catch but I found it interesting. Listening
between 15.15UTC and 16.30UTC. I could not catch an ID, but at about
16.00 I had an S-9 signal on ARS out of Riyadh. From about 15.15 to
close to 16.00 I heard a much lower signal in Arabic with no ID or
music. Just sounded like a normal conversation between two guys. Then
as I said at 16.00 Riyahd came in loud and clear. During part of the
transmition I also heard what I guess was an jammer with a much lower
signal on the same frequency in Hebrew with one song and lasted only
about ten minutes. It was a little difficult to copy through Riyahd.
I assumed it was Riyahd based on Eibi. Is this type of jamming common
in the middle east? Also, I was trying to figure out the target with
the code BSKSA. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks in advance for
the help! Jon in South Carolina.
Listening today on a cheap RS DX-396 with a long wire attached to the
whip.

Old March 21st 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Broadcasting of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Somewhere in that frequency range is Radio Kuwait, usually in arabic. I don't recall ever hearing jamming there but nothing's impossible with the political situation that exists.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord
http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htm

Old March 22nd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stewart Mackenzie

My files show that Saudi Arabia-BSKSA ia on the air in Arabic from
1500-1800 GMT. Also on the same frequency is Radio Free Asia relayed from
the United Arab Emirate-UAE and Jammed by the Music Jammer fro mainland
China. T^he BSKSA target area is West Europe at 500kw.

Good Listening and DX!

Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
Huntington Beach, California, USA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Come
Alive!"

ups.com...