Old March 23rd 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
http://www.lookaboutusa.com/

Default BLOODY AMERICANS declare WAR on AUSTRALIA

Topic: BLOODY AMERICANS declare WAR on AUSTRALIA (Read 2 times)
AussieSeek Search Engine
http://www.aussieseek.com
Administrator

AussieSeek Search Engine
member is online 8,976 Visitors this Hour

Joined: Dec 2003
Gender: Male
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
BLOODY AMERICANS declare WAR on AUSTRALIA
« Thread Started on Today at 5:51am »

BLOODY AMERICANS declare WAR on AUSTRALIA

Now US objects to bloody ad

March 24, 2006

A MAJOR conservative American lobby group is to unleash a campaign of
protest against Australian tourism's "Where the bloody hell are you?"
TV advertisements on US TV.

The controversial commercial made its US debut last night in front of
20 million American viewers.

But the influential American Family Association, which has more than 2
million members and leads campaigns against abortion and gay rights,
was not amused.

The AFA was upset with the bikini-clad model Lara Bingle's use of
"bloody" and "hell" in the advertisement's tagline.

AFA members are expected to bombard Tourism Australia with emails and
phone calls in coming weeks - and to boycott Australia as a holiday
destination.

"I just feel pretty sure the typical American family who is watching TV
with their children and they're exposed to this ad are going to be
upset," said AFA director of special projects Randy Sharp.

"I don't want my children to hear that phrase. It's a shocking phrase
because we're not familiar with it.

"I guess they use it all the time in Australia, but it's a foreign
language here, so I think it'll have a negative impact rather than
positive."

The British dropped a ban on use of the word "bloody" after pressure
from Australia, but Canadian authorities are unhappy with the portrayal
of beer drinking.

The ad was launched in the US with a 30-second spot during Lost, which
draws around 20 million US viewers a week.

It also aired on some of the US's most-watched cable TV channels.

Telegraph

I dont know what more we can do with these people
Condy turns up and says the USA has no greater friend
than Australia then they put this **** on us

Old March 23rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

American Family Association is home based here in my home State of
Mississippi,in Tupelo,I think it is.In my opinion,they have no right to
launch a campaign agains't the phrase/term/whatever,Bloody Hell.
cuhulin

Old March 24th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bradvk2qq

That's fine. They aren't in the demographic the ad was aiming at, so
they can bloody well stay home!

Old March 24th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That Lost tv program.I get about 160 or more tv channels with my DirecTV
subscription.I did a quick search for that Lost tv program,but I didn't
see it in my DirecTV tv channels list.I would like to get the full time
Western channel,but I would have to subscribe to and pay for another
tier of tv channels and I am not going to do that just to get one more
good tv channel along with a bunch of more crappy tv channels I probally
wouldn't ever watch anyway.
cuhulin

Old March 24th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It is either www.wapt.com or www.wjtv.com or www.wlbt.com
I dont remember which affiliate it is,you tell me.I only watch either
one of those local Jackson tv channels for Mississippi news and Jackson
news ONLY,PERIOD!,I never watch those lieing twisted JackA.sses on
national news.(do I look crazy or something?) Right now I am watching
the Bend of the River movie on the AMC tv channel.Next up on
AMC,Cahill,U.S.Marshal.
cuhulin

Old March 25th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : Cuhulin - It's a Matter of Equal and Competing Rights and the Free Exercise there-of by One-and-All

Cuhulin,

If the Aussies have the Right To Say It . . .

Then the AFA has the Right To Protest It [.]

it's a matter of equal and competing rights and
the free exercise there-of by one-and-all ~ RHF
Old March 26th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bradvk2qq

And if the AFA don't want to come down here for a visit, I do not think
it will be any great loss, as they are not in the demographic the ad
was aiming for!

Brad.

Canadians Panzer240 Shortwave 29 January 2nd 05 10:42 PM
Radio Australia Previews #744; 20-22 Oct '04 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 20th 04 07:45 PM
HCJB new schedule Mike Terry Shortwave 0 September 29th 04 06:59 PM
Good online SW guide? frank halaburak Shortwave 6 October 13th 03 07:55 AM
Socal listening Jamie Corridon Shortwave 6 July 22nd 03 05:10 AM