Old March 25th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Need R-5000 Part No. - AF/RF Pot

Service manual does not cross-reference parts in an easy format.

Try page 46.

Roger

Jim wrote:
Also, ANyone have a source for a parts list for the R-5000? I got
what is supposed to be the service manual in 2 parts, but the parts
list has nothing about any parts beginning with VR, such as, VR1, VR2,
VR3, etc. What am I missing or am I overlooking something?

Jim

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:35:41 -0600, Jim wrote:

Anyone have the part number for the AF/RF control for the R-5000?
I went to the Kenwood Parts site but could not find VR4 (appears to be
part of X41 B/8 assembly).

Thanks, apparently this control got damaged in shipment too.

Jim

Old March 25th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Don't feel bad. That manual is not easy to follow and I have the
original paper version. Everything is in there but it takes forever to
find it the first time.

Welcome to the Yahoo group. Once you get your receiver fixed you
should build/buy the computer interface and run SWLog software. You
will hardly ever need to turn the main dial again!!

Regards - Roger