Old March 25th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default BBC Shortwave A06

So this is ALL THAT`S LEFT of English BBCWS on SW in the entire Western
Hemisphe

1100 1300 Daily 11865
2100 2200 Daily 15390
2100 2130 Mon-Fri 11675
2200 2300 Daily 5975

Here`s the East Asia schedule, some of which will seep over to WNAm:

0000 0030 Daily 17615
0000 1030 Daily 15360
0000 0530 Daily 15280
0300 1030 Daily 21660
0300 1300 Daily 17760
0900 1030 Daily 9605
1300 1600 Daily 9740
1300 1700 Daily 6195
2100 2200 Daily 11945
2100 2400 Daily 5965
2200 2400 Daily 9740
2200 2300 Daily 6195, 5955
2300 2400 Daily 11850
2300 0030 Daily 11945
2330 2400 Daily 6195

Likewise, many of the African frequencies are audible in C&E NAm; especially
Ascension when on 21470, 12095:

SOUTHERN AFRICA
0300 2200 Daily 6190
0300 0400 Daily 6005, 6035*
0300 0600 Daily 3255
0400 0500 Daily 7120*
0500 0700 Daily 11765*
0500 1700 Daily 11940
0800 1900 Daily 21470
1600 2200 Daily 3255
1900 2100 Daily 12095
2100 2300 Daily 6005
*West Africa programmes

WEST & CENTRAL AFRICA [17830 15400 ASC best]
0300 0600 Daily 7160
0300 0400 Daily 6035
0400 0500 Daily 7120
0400 0706 Daily 6005
0500 0800 Daily 11765
0600 0700 Daily 9530
0630 0700 Daily 11990
0700 1000 Daily 15400
0700 1000 Daily 17830
1000 1100 Sat-Sun 17830, 15400
1100 1130 Daily 15400
1100 2100 Daily 17830
1600 1800 Daily 17885
1800 2000 Daily 17795
1600 2300 Daily 15400

Page linking to all the BBCWS in English SW frequency schedules (and each has a
separate link in graph from showing transmitter sites):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 25th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Handy post Ace. I'm printing this out so I don't need to have the
computer turned on to read it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 26th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

[...]

Wanna bet that by B06 or A07 that BBCWS for the Americas will be
eliminated entirely? I think that the suits running the Beeb should be
put out to pasture on the funny farm. Same thing for the commercial
radio moguls running IBB. The thing is, the US govt could revive VOA if
it really wanted to. Is ANYBODY from the UK govt in control at the BBC?
The BBC was trashing the invasion of Iraq as British troops were
fighting on the ground. The BBC recently has made some moves in domestic
broadcasting that have angered a lot of British, yet nobody is taking
responsibility, no heads are rolling. Is the BBC a govt agency or isn't
it? Is anybody manning the store?

Old March 26th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:50:59 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

XM 131 24/7

Sirius 141 24/7

Old March 26th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:23:25 -0800, running dogg wrote:

Wanna bet that by B06 or A07 that BBCWS for the Americas will be
eliminated entirely? I think that the suits running the Beeb should be
put out to pasture on the funny farm. Same thing for the commercial
radio moguls running IBB. The thing is, the US govt could revive VOA if
it really wanted to. Is ANYBODY from the UK govt in control at the BBC?
The BBC was trashing the invasion of Iraq as British troops were
fighting on the ground. The BBC recently has made some moves in domestic
broadcasting that have angered a lot of British, yet nobody is taking
responsibility, no heads are rolling. Is the BBC a govt agency or isn't
it? Is anybody manning the store?

The World Service for the Americas is live and well. Just not on HF.

Old March 26th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

David wrote:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:50:59 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

XM 131 24/7

Sirius 141 24/7

It's not shortwave, you mentally retarded, drug addled dimwit.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 26th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Simon Mason

"dxAce" wrote in message

So this is ALL THAT`S LEFT of English BBCWS on SW in the entire Western
Hemisphe

1100 1300 Daily 11865
2100 2200 Daily 15390
2100 2130 Mon-Fri 11675
2200 2300 Daily 5975

We can get BBC WS on satellite and DAB here in the UK, as well as MW. At
night, 0100 -0600 it also turns up on LW and FM. I'd rather listen to it on
DAB than SW any day, although when on holiday, that's a different matter.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old March 26th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Simon Mason

"running dogg" wrote in message
. ..
Is the BBC a govt agency or isn't
it?

No it isn't - it's entirely separate from the Govt. It is paid for by our TV
licence - about 200 dollars per year, whether you watch any BBC at all.

Old March 26th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:56:56 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"running dogg" wrote in message
Is the BBC a govt agency or isn't
it?

No it isn't - it's entirely separate from the Govt. It is paid for by our TV
licence - about 200 dollars per year, whether you watch any BBC at all.

The World Service is different from the rest of the BBC. It is not
paid for by the licence fee. It is an arm of the Foreign Service, I
think.

''How is BBC World Service funded?

BBC World Service is funded by a Parliamentary grant-in-aid,
administered by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the British
government. The FCO, in close consultation with World Service, is
involved in the process of deciding which languages are broadcast ,
but editorial control of the programmes rests entirely with BBC.
The relationship between the BBCWS and the FCO is governed by two
documents, the Broadcasting Agreement and the Financial Memorandum

Foreign and Commonwealth Office/BBC World Service - Broadcasting
Agreement

Foreign and Commonwealth Office/BBC - Financial Memorandum

The BBC's UK radio and TV services are financed by the television
Licence Fee (all owners of television sets in the UK are required to
buy an annual licence). The BBC also earns extra income through the
sale of programmes overseas and of books, videos, tapes and other
products linked to BBC programmes.
BBC World Service does not receive any funding from the UK Licence
Fee.''

www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice

Hey, I was right.

Old March 26th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Simon Mason

"David" wrote in message

The BBC's UK radio and TV services are financed by the television
Licence Fee (all owners of television sets in the UK are required to
buy an annual licence). The BBC also earns extra income through the
sale of programmes overseas and of books, videos, tapes and other
products linked to BBC programmes.
BBC World Service does not receive any funding from the UK Licence
Fee.''

www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice

Hey, I was right.

Yes, the WS, unlike the rest of the BBC (you didn't make it clear you were
referring solely to the WS as opposed to the BBC in general) is funded from
the FCO out of our taxes, so we still pay for it. It's our money, not the
Govt's money.

Running Dog asked if the BBC is a Govt agency, which it definitely is not.
Your own post says: