RadioBanter

-   -   DRM receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/91909-drm-receiver.html)

switcher April 1st 06 07:53 PM

DRM receiver

the first HiFi component for DRM radio ??

http://www.eurodatec.de/product_info...sCsid=9569501b
f77e7d2afbe8f367f3223ec0

what do the users say ??

1599 euros...

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm

[email protected] April 1st 06 08:02 PM

DRM receiver

You can have herrrrr,,, (drm) I dont want herrr,,,,,, shes tooo
fatttt,,,,,,, shes too fattttttttt,,,,,, shes too fattttttttttt for
meeeeeeeee,,,,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

AC Smith April 1st 06 09:56 PM

DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 10:53:32 -0800, switcher said:

the first HiFi component for DRM radio ??

http://www.eurodatec.de/product_info...sCsid=9569501b
f77e7d2afbe8f367f3223ec0

what do the users say ??

1599 euros...

I'm not a user but I'll say this: "Too Expensive!"

I look forward to an affordable DRM receiver, if it is truly the future
of shortwave.

--

acs

---
Grundig Satellit 800M, Degen 1102,*FR200,*
100' Random Wire, Degen "31" Amplified Loop,
Pulling signals out of thin air in the Pacific Northwest Since 1992
http://www.chevyorange.com

dxAce April 1st 06 10:01 PM

DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 10:53:32 -0800, switcher said:

the first HiFi component for DRM radio ??

http://www.eurodatec.de/product_info...sCsid=9569501b
f77e7d2afbe8f367f3223ec0

what do the users say ??

1599 euros...

I'm not a user but I'll say this: "Too Expensive!"

I look forward to an affordable DRM receiver, if it is truly the future
of shortwave.

DRM = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Tom Holden April 1st 06 10:56 PM

DRM receiver

"dxAce" wrote in message

DRM = QRM

Yes, QRM to AM. Funny, in an ideal DRM SW environment, there would be 10 kHz
channel spacing, no AM signals, only DRM signals - the receiver would be
muted unless it was succesfully receiving.

Could this mean
DRM = No QRM?

How would one characterise QRM in the DRM world?
What would one do with SINPO?

Tom

Steve April 1st 06 11:08 PM

DRM receiver

DRM? Are they even using that anymore?

AC Smith April 2nd 06 12:52 AM

DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 10:53:32 -0800, switcher said:

the first HiFi component for DRM radio ??

http://www.eurodatec.de/product_info...sCsid=9569501b
f77e7d2afbe8f367f3223ec0

what do the users say ??

1599 euros...

I'm not a user but I'll say this: "Too Expensive!"

I look forward to an affordable DRM receiver, if it is truly the future
of shortwave.

DRM = QRM

dxAce

Currently, yes. But someday, from the looks of it, DRM will =
International Broadcasting for the most part.

Believe me, I'd rather set back a few years (heck a few months when I
could still "steal" the 5975kHz BBC broadcast to Central America... but
DRM has got to get a whole heckuva a lot cheaper if it is be the
transition.

Until then, the Sat 800 will be the last SW radio I buy (well, there is
that Degen 1108 supposed to be out by the end of the year...)

acs

AC Smith April 2nd 06 12:53 AM

DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 13:56:26 -0800, "Tom Holden" said:

"dxAce" wrote in message

DRM = QRM

Yes, QRM to AM. Funny, in an ideal DRM SW environment, there would be
10 kHz channel spacing, no AM signals, only DRM signals - the receiver
would be muted unless it was succesfully receiving.

Could this mean
DRM = No QRM?

How would one characterise QRM in the DRM world?
What would one do with SINPO?

Tom

I guess there'd only be "S". Or a complete rewrite of receiving
conditions. I haven't heard a DRM signal before, I do not have a radio
with the needed 12kHz filter so I haven't even tried hooking it up to
my computer. But that defeats the whole reason I like shortwave - I
can take it with me and not have to be tied to a computer just to hear
stations.

acs

RHF April 2nd 06 01:39 AM

DRM receiver

TH - In the Digital World of DRM
SINPO is 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 ~ RHF

AC Smith April 2nd 06 02:38 AM

DRM receiver

On 2006-04-01 16:39:28 -0800, "RHF" said:

TH - In the Digital World of DRM
SINPO is 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 ~ RHF . . . . .

I was thinking it would either be 00000 or 555555, from what I
understand! But I get your point!

--

acs

---