Old April 2nd 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default Speaking of WBCQ

I tried to listen to Glenn H on 9330 this evening but got nothing.
Other BCQ freqs also nothing heard. I have had probs in the past
copying7415 in the early afternoon as well.

The transmitters are probably 400miles NE from my shack. I've tried a
160m dipole, a 5 band verticle and my new twisted terminated folded
dipole and not a peep tonight. What's up?

regards,
Bob

Old April 2nd 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

N9NEO wrote:

I tried to listen to Glenn H on 9330 this evening but got nothing.
Other BCQ freqs also nothing heard. I have had probs in the past
copying7415 in the early afternoon as well.

The transmitters are probably 400miles NE from my shack. I've tried a
160m dipole, a 5 band verticle and my new twisted terminated folded
dipole and not a peep tonight. What's up?

At least for 9330 it's probably skipping over your location, i.e. you are to
close to the transmitter site.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 2nd 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Steffes

N9NEO wrote:
I tried to listen to Glenn H on 9330 this evening but got nothing.
Other BCQ freqs also nothing heard. I have had probs in the past
copying7415 in the early afternoon as well.

The transmitters are probably 400miles NE from my shack. I've tried a
160m dipole, a 5 band verticle and my new twisted terminated folded
dipole and not a peep tonight. What's up?

regards,
Bob

Marion's Attic had an exceptional signal here in Merrittt Island,
Florida last night between 0200 and 0300Z.

John
Old April 2nd 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Ok on the fb into fla John. Still nothing here on any band on any
antenna at 16:55.

I was going to say I might be too close dxAce, but didn't want to sound
too stupid.

I've never had a problem copying Tim on 3885. I'll talk to the others
in-town here and see how they do.

regards,
NEO