Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Christopher S. Dunne

Default Help!!!!! on FRG-7700

Hi...

Here is an actual *shortwave* post!

I don't know why I didn't try r.r.s before....

I have owned a Yaesu FRG-7700 for over 21 years now....it seems that
either nobody will fix it cheap, or maybe they think it is ready to give
up the ghost....

Anyway....I was told by a guy in WI that it needs a BFO or VFO
encoder....the problem is that I am unable to tune with the knob,
without "skipping" frequencies. I have to go back & forth until I can
zero in on them. It just won't go to the frequncy I want it to go to.

This is really rough if I wanna hear SSB.

Can anybody recommend a place to get this repaired without (1) a hassle,
(2) a hefty fee? I live in south Florida. The Yahoo FRG-7700 group was
no help....sad to say.

sincerely
Christopher Dunne