Old April 16th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mcan

Default SW Indoor antenna

Dear DX'ers
My receiver is 12 divided Chine made analog radio. I have used long
wire isolated wire antenna from roof to roof aprox 10 meters.
But my antenna have been destroyed by natural affects like wind, snow
etc.
Can you help me how I made by myself indoor antenna same receiption
quality?
(Signal Strength)
Sincerely.
Best 73's
M Cankurt

Old September 22nd 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, April 16, 2006 1:00:16 PM UTC-7, SWL-2010 wrote:
"mcan" wrote in message oups.com... Dear DX'ers My receiver is 12 divided Chine made analog radio. I have used long wire isolated wire antenna from roof to roof aprox 10 meters. But my antenna have been destroyed by natural affects like wind, snow etc. Can you help me how I made by myself indoor antenna same receiption quality? (Signal Strength) Sincerely. Best 73's M CankurtI am in an apt. I use 50 feet of bare copper wire strung around the ceiling, and then a 20 foot Zep Wire as the feedline, and I get real fine reception. I also us a Kaito Loop antenna that mounts in a window, that is much better than I expected. I also have some of the 20 fot reel antennsa. I put one in the bedroom, one in the living room, and then join them into a double mono min-plug for an indoor dipole, which is fair, but not great, but is quite and picks up all the big gun stations. These are for portables. You can also use an antenna tuner to place in between, if your poratables overload, I use an older MFJ-959B, which helps a great deal.My old desktop receivers work fine with just 30' of wire attached to the antenna terminal. I have improvised many different types of apratment antennas over the years, and have had good results, but there is nothing like an outdoor random wire.

Hi, I am very interested in your apartment setup, sense I'm in that type of situation myself. Can you tell me exactly what a Zep line is and where I can get one. Also, I would appreciate more details on how you hooked all of it up. I was wondering what would happen if I ran the wire around the wall in my apartment, so reading your post gave me more ideas. If you could explain more of what you did, that would be great. I'm a newbie here, so bare with me. -Thanks
Old September 22nd 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"mcan" wrote in message
[...]

Come on, the guy posted back in 2006, your quote even points that out.

Chances are very slim that the guy is still here. Just because google
lets you reply to messages older than 30 days (and it is a bug, they need
to fix it, like they did once before) doesn't mean you should. Especially
when you're clueless enough to not realize how old the message is.

If it's older than 30 days, don't reply to it. Start a new thread, saying
exactly what you want to say, instead of acting like some guy from six
years ago will be waiting to answer your late reply.

Michael

Old October 26th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

Come on, the guy posted back in 2006, your quote even points that out.

Chances are very slim that the guy is still here. Just because google
lets you reply to messages older than 30 days (and it is a bug, they need
to fix it, like they did once before) doesn't mean you should. Especially
when you're clueless enough to not realize how old the message is.

Well, since this thread is over 30 days old, guess I shouldn't post, eh?

But, for the record 'google groups' has nothing to do with google. Usenet
existed long before google saw the light of day, possibly when google's
founders were still in diapers.

Google's presence in Usenet began with DejaNews - essentially a Usenet
archive - which Google acquired at some point.

Google has no control over Usenet. If they refuse to allow posts to old
threads, then they are different from the dozens, even hundreds, of other
News clients that are out there.

If it's older than 30 days, don't reply to it. Start a new thread, saying
exactly what you want to say, instead of acting like some guy from six
years ago will be waiting to answer your late reply.

Reasonable advice. Quote the original, if you like, but a new thread
will get noticed by the current members of the group even though the
original contributors are likely long gone.

George Cornelius

Michael

Old October 26th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/26/2012 09:06 AM, George Cornelius wrote:
Michael Black wrote:

[...]

Quite a few people here from the mid '90s.

Old October 27th 12, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:06:05 -0500, George Cornelius
wrote:

Michael Black wrote:

Come on, the guy posted back in 2006, your quote even points that out.

LOL
Usenet FREE news.mccarragher.com