Old April 24th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark

Default Isla de Pascua...

Just now...

8867 "Pascua": Pascua Radio, Isla de Pascua (Easter Island) working Lan
Chile 833 (from Santiago), in Spanish, with position report. 0513
(24-Apr-2006).

Haven't heard Pascua Radio since December 2004.

Mark.

Auckland

New Zealand.

Old April 24th 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer

Fantastic tip = tks 4 the heads up Mark.
Hanga Roa has been my "Holy Grail" of catches for years, but alas, I have
never got it.
When I was really trying hard for it and researched it there was only one
flight a day there and that would mean me being up at 3.00 a.m. local time
to try for it.

Your info indicates there are perhaps more flights operating now with a
better chance of getting it.

My old radio pal David Norrie emigrated to Auckland - he is a serious MW
DXer. Have you ever come across him in club circles?
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, Roelof Bakker mini whip.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx