Old May 4th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Reception this afternoon and evening May 3rd

Reception this afternoon was exceptional, especially toward the south. I
heard many central and south American stations on the 17, 15, 13, and 11
MHz bands.

Heard Japan on 17825 and 21670. I don't usually hear the 21 MHz band
signal all that well but it was very strong today. They have two streams
and I liked the music a lot better on the 21 MHz band.

Trolling the 9 MHz band I happened across Hungary's Radio Budapest on
9795 for the 02:45 to 03:00 UTC broadcast in english with a very good
signal.

Conditions are unusual in that I can get CHU on 3330 and 14670 but not
7335 just a little while ago in the 02:00 to 03:00 UTC time frame.

WWV received on 2.5, 5, 10, and 15 MHz was received at the same time as
CHU above all strong signals. As usual these days no sign of WWV on 20
MHz morning, noon or night except for a couple of days the other week.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California