Old May 9th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex

Default My Antenna Farm

I wish . . .

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/prog...966/chap2.html

- Matt
Old May 9th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

oh man! : }

Old May 10th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BCBlazysusan

What a great link, thanks for the good read.

Old May 10th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Beerbarrel

On Tue, 09 May 2006 15:07:09 -0500, Radio TexMex
wrote:

I wish . . .

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/prog...966/chap2.html

- Matt

Notice all the SP-600's in the pic?

KE4ODD

It’s Christianity vs. Islam. Let’s get this party started!
Old May 10th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
HFguy

Radio TexMex wrote:
I wish . . .

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/prog...966/chap2.html

- Matt

I recently heard a ham' say he was putting up a 185-ft tower for his
station. He apparently works for a company that sells and erects towers
for commercial operations, which gives him access to the equipment for a
major project like that.

Old May 10th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Radio TexMex wrote:
I wish . . .

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/prog...966/chap2.html

- Matt

Wow...

I wonder if they use an MFJ Tuner and Preselector....

Old May 10th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Wed, 10 May 2006 08:03:30 GMT, HFguy wrote:

Radio TexMex wrote:
I wish . . .

http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/home/prog...966/chap2.html

- Matt

I recently heard a ham' say he was putting up a 185-ft tower for his
station. He apparently works for a company that sells and erects towers
for commercial operations, which gives him access to the equipment for a
major project like that.

Ain't that major. The towers come in sections which stack on top of
the previously erected part.

Old May 10th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 10 May 2006 12:28:03 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

OK David - We will all come over with our Lawn Chairs and
Watch You "Do It" all-by-yourself ) - Video to Follow ~ RHF
{ At 185 Feet - That last Section shoul be interesting ;-}

. David sitting on Top-of-the-World

Gin pole. Look it up.

Old May 10th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Helicopter,,, look it up.That Antenna Farm is ok,but I would have to be
a billionaire to keep all that stuff maintained.I dont have any radios
worthy of those Antennas.
cuhulin

Old May 11th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

David wrote:

Ain't that major. The towers come in sections which stack on top of
the previously erected part.

On *TOP* ??

That would explain certain difficulties I've been having with antenna
installations over the last few years....damnnnnnnn....

The cost over runs, the unexplained accidents, the ALWAYS too short guy
wires, the laughing behind my back..it's just possible there may be a
connection here somewhere.

mike

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM