Old May 26th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Antenna for Office Radio

KVOO FM,Tulsa,Oklahoma (wonderfull Western Ranch music) used to be on AM
and sometimes at night,I could pick it up on any of my radios that
work.Then they went to FM,messed me up!
cuhulin

Old May 26th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo

wrote in message
KVOO FM,Tulsa,Oklahoma (wonderfull Western Ranch music) used to be on AM
and sometimes at night,I could pick it up on any of my radios that
work.Then they went to FM,messed me up!

I guarantee that what messed you up was not a radio station in Oklahoma.

Old May 26th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an_old_friend

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message
KVOO FM,Tulsa,Oklahoma (wonderfull Western Ranch music) used to be on AM
and sometimes at night,I could pick it up on any of my radios that
work.Then they went to FM,messed me up!

I guarantee that what messed you up was not a radio station in Oklahoma.

you know for once I think you and I are in absolute agreement

OTOH to his credit he does admit to being messed up even if he does nt
know the reason he is messed up

Old May 26th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Your AM/MW Radio plus AM/MW Loop Antenna - Three Ways to Use Them Together

Bob [K5QWG],

Your AM/MW Radio plus AM/MW Loop Antenna
- Three Ways to Use Them Together
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/9766

1 - YES - You are right the Select-A-Tenna can be used beside the
AM/MW Radio for improved reception; and often doing just that works OK.

READ - AM/MW DXing = Your Radio + Lazy Susan + Select-A-Tenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1787

READ - About the 'alternative' to the common Loop Antenna
The Long "LoopStick" Antenna for AM/MW/BCB DXing
-by- Bill Bowden
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/3075

2 - Sometimes inside and Office Building it is necessary
to run a Wire to an Out-Side Area or Window to
'import' a Signal to the Office Space {Desk} which is
the Listening Area for the Radio. The Select-A-Tenna
is then used as a AM/MW Tuner-Coupler for the
External Wire Antenna. -Example-
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-an...a-model-m.aspx

READ - Using a AM/MW Loop Antenna as a Tuner-Coupler
with your GE Superadio / CCRadio+ / Grundig S350
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/2272

READ - For Improved AM/MW DXing - Think Loop Antenna
as a Coupler Tuner
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/2240

3 - Other times when a single AM/MW Radio Station
is the Target-of-Interest of the Radio Listener and
Interior AM/MW Radio reception is difficult. The
Select-A-Tenna can be located near a Window or
Exterior Wall and a feed-in-line {Twisted Speaker
Wire} can be used to 'import' the selected AM/MW
Radio Station's Signal into the Radio via the Radio's
AM/MW Antenna Input Terminals or Jack. -Example-
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-an...ire-model.aspx

READ - "HOW TO USE" a AM/MW Loop Antenna
with a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1865

More to read about AM / MW Radfio Reception :

* Improving AM Radio Reception - Carlos
http://www.ccrane.com/library/am-rec....08.25.03.aspx

* Improving AM Reception In An Office Building - Carlos
http://www.ccrane.com/library/office....04.29.02.aspx

* AM / MW Radio Reception Tips - Carlos
http://www.ccrane.com/library/am-rec....10.29.01.aspx

* C. Crane Co. "Carlos" - About the Author
http://www.ccrane.com/library/carlos-perez-bio.aspx

READ - Using the Built-in WHIP Antenna
for Better AM/MW Radio Reception
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/875

READ - AM/MW Radio Reception : Whip Antenna Up? -or- Down?

READ - About - The three 'small' commercial AM/MW/BCB
Loop Antennas and more...

am - a medium wave goodbye - iane ~ RHF
Old May 26th 06, 08:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Art [N2AH],

I would agree the deeper that you get into the Core
{Interior} of a Steel Frame Office Building the more
difficult it is to get a Strong Clean Signal for all kinds
of Radio Reception. Getting a piece of Wire Out-Side
and Up-in-the-Air {On-the-Roof} is on of the better
solutions to correcting this problem and usually
easier then gettting promoted to a job with a Corner
Office Window )

iane ~ RHF

Old May 26th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
wrote:

An interesting link. I've heard numerous business commentators remarks
that both Sirius and XM are in real trouble. Part of the problem is
that they're poorly run companies, part is that people are beginning to
realize that the technology is obsolete, and part is that the
programming is still extremely "commercial", despite lacking
commercials. Too bad, I guess. They should have known better.

XM and Sirius are both speculative stocks. Both companies have high
startup costs launching those satellites and current operating costs so
the EPS is still negative for both.

They both need a large numbers of subscribers to be profitable. Their
subscription base keeps growing but they are not there yet. Radios
installed by the auto manufactures are their best bet for this to happen.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=SIRI

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=XMSR

The last two years have had good news for both companies with auto
companies committing to putting the receivers in their cars and a lot
of press for on the air talent that was signed up but it looks like
that news has run its course and the stock price is dropping. Looks
like Sirius has been selling off since last Sept. and XM since last
Jan. I have not looked at them that closely but their subscription base
is growing and the operating costs should not be going up so at some
point they should be profitable.

If either company comes up with more positive press like more new talent
being signed up to boost subscriptions then you can expect the price to

I'll stick with terrestrial radio and when there is nothing I want to
hear on it I put in a CD of music.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 26th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I love Oklahoma,(been there a few times before) and Oklahoma
wimmins.Oklahoma never messed me up.
www.hometownfreepress.com OKLAHOMA
cuhulin

Old May 26th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Definitely an interesting approach: "This is an easy to use Antenna that
you simply place beside your radio, no wires to attach !"

"homepc" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/jdchp

I just got this loop antenna in the mail a couple of days ago. I haven't
tried it at the office yet, but it works well at boosting weak AM stations
in the early evening.

I'm in southern Manitoba and usually listen to KFAB 1110 Omaha Nebraska at
night (just for a laugh). In the winter the station usually comes in

clear,
but in the summer it's hit and miss. This loop antenna was able to boost

barely audible signal to a listenable level. It's probably just the same

as
a select a tenna or the Terk 1000 , and it works between 515 to 1920 kHz.
My results with the TG-33 antenna didn't even come close.

The seller marked it as a gift, so no customs or sales tax

wrote in message
oups.com...
I finally have an office where I can have a radio. Unfortunately it
is on the bottom floor - more or less a basement and has no window. I
am getting a CCRadio Plus (yes I have read the pros and cons but I got
a good deal relatively speaking to the list price, and have a 30-day
trial). My opinion is that I may need some sort of other antenna
especially for AM and maybe FM too for that matter due to the possibly
poor building location, plus it is a small town so the best stations
are at least 50 - 100 miles. I know about the selct-a-tenna etc. Crane
sells but am not eager to pony up more $ should I need an external
antenna. Is there anything that will look suitable for office use that
I can add to the external antenna jack on the Crane if I need it that
won't set me back a lot more cash? Thanks.