Old June 1st 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default inductance loop versus inductance dipole ...

In article ,
switcher wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

You are mixing apples and oranges.

maybe not

Sorry I didn't understand that you were looking for an argument. I gave
you an answer to your theoretical question and the reasoning behind it.

Talking about an electrically small loops lumped inductance makes sense
when constructing a L/C resonant antenna with an electrically small loop.

A dipole can be seen as a cap ...

You also asked how to calculate the size of a dipole and I gave you the
formula for this along with an explanation for it. Rather than argue
about it why don't you go read up on the subject. There are sites on the
Internet that you can read or you can go get a book on the subject.

Come back and post about what you have found.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 1st 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
switcher

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

There are sites on the
Internet that you can read or you can go get a book on the subject.

I think about buying:

Joe Carr "Receiving Antenna book" and/or "Loop Antenna Handbook".

And in a library some 40 miles away (Roeselare, Roulers in
french/english) they have an old ARRL handbook ..

2 years ago I had that ARRL book at home and found it way too much
electronics, I mean, not stressed on signal from antenna, but on
amplification and such. When I look into that book now, I'll probably
find my way in it much better ...

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm
Old June 1st 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
switcher wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

There are sites on the
Internet that you can read or you can go get a book on the subject.

I think about buying:

Joe Carr "Receiving Antenna book" and/or "Loop Antenna Handbook".

And in a library some 40 miles away (Roeselare, Roulers in
french/english) they have an old ARRL handbook ..

2 years ago I had that ARRL book at home and found it way too much
electronics, I mean, not stressed on signal from antenna, but on
amplification and such. When I look into that book now, I'll probably
find my way in it much better ...

The Joe Carr books are very good. I highly recommend them. The Joe Carr
books present basic easily understood concepts, formulas, and practical
antenna designs.

Short wave listeners should get the "Joe Carr's Receiving antenna
handbook." This book covers many antenna types and almost any type you
would want to make for short wave, AMBCB, or LW reception.

On sale at Universal $17.90
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/books/3113.html

--
Telamon