Old June 7th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default The Armed Forces Radio Revolution - Changes at the AFN and AFRTS

David,

Please take two Aspirins and lay down and Rest.

Why ? - You gave NewsMax as a Source ! ) ~ RHF

READ - U.S. Military Stations (AFN & AFTRS) around the world
could soon be playing more hip-hop and rock and cutting back on
country music, sports and talk shows.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...5/101045.shtml
The most significant change would be creating Two Music Stations
for World Wide Broadcast. One would feature mostly Hip-Hop, Rap
and Pop Music, and the 'other' would play Classic Rock, Alternative
Bands and a mix of Top 40 Selections.
- - - So are we to conclude that Country Music is to be Out-Lawed ?
Why not have One have One Classic Country Hit and One Top Ten
Country Hit per Hour on the second 'other' Radio Channel ?

Here is a more Detailed Report on the Story
-from- "Stars-and-Stripes" -by- Leo Shane III
http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?...5&archive=true
Future Military Radio Menu could be more Pop,
less Talk - Hip-Hop heavy content recommended
for Stations around the World

Seems like the US Military has two target Listener
Groups : All those 34-Years Old and Under and All
those 34-Years Old and over. Will both groups be
served with programming that Entertains them and
Informs them ?

the more you know - the more you know ~ RHF
Old June 8th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

David - It is clear that you have your finger on
the pulse of the under 30 enlisted man. ~ RHF
Old June 9th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael A. Terrell

Brenda Ann wrote:

Currently, we get (C)rap and gar(b)age bands on our AFN-Korea FM (Eagle FM)
outlets. We also get (as of today, who knows later on) on the AM (Thunder
AM) outlets:

5-7 AM All Things Considered (NPR)
7AM- Noon Oldies
Noon- 1PM News hour (AF News, network news, Paul Harvey, etc.)
1-2 PM Dr. Laura
2-4 PM Country
4-6 PM Oldies
6-7 PM Sports Overnight America
7-8 PM Rush Limbaugh
8-9 PM Ed Schultz
9-12 PM NPR
12-5 AM Who knows... I'm asleep...

12-5 AM is when they aired the country music, on Sunday mornings,
followed by a bunch of different special interest programing in half
hour or hour blocks, till they went back to Rock around noon.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old June 9th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tin Pan Alley Music and Bluegrass Music and Country Music and Oldies
(Oldies,from the 1950's and and 1940's and on back (Jackson has some
Bluegrass Music and Country Music radio stations) are my favorites as
far as U.S.style of Music is concerned.My real favorites are Ireland and
Scotland Music.Actually,U.S.style of Country Music originated from Irish
Music.
cuhulin

Old June 10th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Bell South (Julie) woman next door is using my lawn mower to mow her
yard because the priming bulb on her lawn mower is cracked and doesn't
work.She will be moving back to her home area of Natchez real soon,she
got a transfer to the Bell South central office in
Vidalia,Louisiana.(Vidalia is just across the Mississippi River from
Natchez)

Her Bell South land line got cut off today because the other woman
(Vanessa) next door,her boyfriend didn't give her (Vanessa) enough money
to pay the phone bill.There is another woman (Ella) whom is going to
college,(lawyer classes,she is going to be a lawyer) and she will be
moving in the house next door to me with Vanessa.

What a Hoot!,Bell South technician woman next door and her Bell South
land line got cut off.She said I looked like I was enjoying that too
much )
cuhulin

Old June 10th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

DaviD informs us that "Irish music is largely Arabic"

what would we do without you david ~ RHF
Old June 10th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Celtic. www.celticfestms.org

Who would know better than I?
cuhulin