Old June 7th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
New Ham

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

Did I get ripped off?

Old June 7th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

New Ham wrote:
Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Old June 7th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:
Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

Old June 8th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
jawod

John S. wrote:
jawod wrote:

John S. wrote:

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Try a Dunce Cap (low capacitance) attached to your screwdriver and
manually adjust until your dip meter reads moron

Uh oh...feeling a bit testy today???

Not, not at all...didn't you see my ? No offense intended.
Old June 8th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
New Ham

In article .com, "John S." wrote:

jawod wrote:
John S. wrote:
New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Try a Dunce Cap (low capacitance) attached to your screwdriver and
manually adjust until your dip meter reads moron

Uh oh...feeling a bit testy today???

What good's a hat if it don't keep the antenna dry? I think I'll keep it
though, for some odd reason my SWR's are better.

Old June 8th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
David G. Nagel

John S. wrote:

Brian Denley wrote:

David G. Nagel wrote:

John S. wrote:

Or looking for a left-handed crescent wrench and fetching a bucket of
prop wash.

The problem with this joke is that the wrench exhists. Handedness in a
wrench is determined by which thumb closes the jaws. Right thumb right
hand wrench, left thumb left handed wrench.

I have a left handed crescent type wrench. Where was it made?
POLAND of course.

Wrench available for inspection.

Dave WD9BDZ

At 23, I took a job as a young engineer at a place that had previously been
a gyroscope manufacturer. As the new guy, they asked my to deliver a
briefcase to the boss' office and (you guessed it) there was a spinning gryo
in the briefcase. I got a big surprise when I tried to turn a corner in the
corrider and the briefcase kept going straight ahead! A great 'new guy'
trick.
--

Or send the new guy in engineering to supply for a pressurized
container of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Careful that stuff is extremely deadly if inhaled.

Or send the new finance guy to get the difference finder.

Old June 8th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

jawod wrote:
John S. wrote:
jawod wrote:

John S. wrote:

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Try a Dunce Cap (low capacitance) attached to your screwdriver and
manually adjust until your dip meter reads moron

Uh oh...feeling a bit testy today???

Not, not at all...didn't you see my ? No offense intended.

Ooops...please accept my apology.

Old June 9th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Butch Magee

Brian Hill wrote:
"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

No, no! Thats a waste of good beaver :
Old June 9th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Steve N.

Ahhhh!! Those only work when it rains capacitors !.

73, Steve, K9DCI

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:
Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Old June 9th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Steve N.

Somebody wrote:

No. This is an honest to god left handed crescent style wrench. Hold in
left hand and close the jaws using the left thumb.

I have a metric one :-)

Yep ! Me too. I have a 150mm "Crescent" wrench! Works great on metric
nuts & bolts.

73, Steve, K9DCI