RadioBanter

-   -   antenna switch? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/97033-antenna-switch.html)

Telamon June 22nd 06 06:56 AM

antenna switch?

In article .com,
wrote:

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

http://www.stridsberg.com/mca104a.htm
Stridsberg is the consumer grade gear most scanner enthusiasts use.

That's an active splitter for $185. Probably a good unit. I think DxAce
uses one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

gravity June 22nd 06 07:23 AM

antenna switch?

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
"gravity" wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps.html

i can't vouch for the quality.

RF systems SP-1 looks like it but it's $99.95. I guess that's not
unreasonable but seems a little high.

I could build one for $20. Mini circuits have small transformers and you
would need to buy a metal box and three PL-259 connectors.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...amps/1420.html

apologies if the OP needs an active unit.

Gravity

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dxAce June 22nd 06 11:31 AM

antenna switch?

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

http://www.stridsberg.com/mca104a.htm
Stridsberg is the consumer grade gear most scanner enthusiasts use.

That's an active splitter for $185. Probably a good unit. I think DxAce
uses one.

Yep, Stridsberg is the one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

D Peter Maus June 22nd 06 02:20 PM

antenna switch?

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .
I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

I didn't see any inexpensive ones made for HF. Plenty of them at higher
frequencies or amplified units so who makes a simple unit for HF that is
a transformer or resistive coupled

Stridsberg, or ICE makes the couplers. Your choice of connector may
require mod, or adaptor.

http://www.stridsberg.com/prod01.htm

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/reco...ceive%20Signal

David June 22nd 06 02:34 PM

One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?

On 21 Jun 2006 18:31:24 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

LS,

I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting

Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

Lisa Simpson June 22nd 06 06:13 PM

antenna switch?

I'm using an Eavesdropper "C" antenna, if that helps. I'll look into your
recommendation - thank you!

wrote in message
oups.com...

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like

be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

What you really want is a multicoupler.
http://www.macom.com/sigint/PDF/410.pdf
This would do nicely. ;-)

I think if you have an amplified antenna (wellbrook for instance), a
simple passive splitter is passable for much of what you monitor. Of
course, if the signal is weak, the splitter will add noise. For
instance, I couldn't see using one for say AFN.

Lisa Simpson June 22nd 06 06:14 PM

antenna switch?

How so? I'm interested . . .

"Telamon" wrote in message
Easier to make one than to buy one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Lisa Simpson June 22nd 06 06:15 PM

antenna switch?

Thanx - I'll check it out!

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Dale Parfitt June 22nd 06 06:28 PM

antenna switch?

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
. ..
$20, eh?

A ferrite toroid, some magnet wire, 3 connectors and a box..

W4OP