RadioBanter

-   -   antenna switch? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/97033-antenna-switch.html)

SeeingEyeDogg June 25th 06 05:49 AM

One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?

"David" wrote

I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting

Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

Translation: Too expensive for an unemployed twit.

RHF July 13th 06 12:45 AM

One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?

David wrote:
On 21 Jun 2006 18:31:24 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

LS,

- - I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
- - Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting

- Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

For One and All,

Somewhere between the Ham Radio Antenna Switches
and the CATV type Antenna Switches are the CB (5W)
quality Switches like the Workman CX-3 Three Position
Coaxial Antenna Switch.
IMAGE = http://www.cbradioworld.com/inc/sdetail/256
http://tinyurl.com/nagpf
The Workman CX-3 has One SO-239 Jack on one-side
for a single Input-Output -and- Three SO-239 Jacks on
the other-side for a three Input-Outputs to 'select-from'.
The Workman CX-3 uses a Four Position Rotary-Wafer
type Switch enclosed in a Metal Box.
Note - The 4th position is "OFF".

The one advantage over the TV type Antenna Switches
-if- you are using Coax Cables with PL-259 Connectors
on the ends is there is no need for "F" Adapters.

However -if- One is using RG6 TV type Coax Cable with
"F" Connectors then the CATV type A/B Antenna Switch
may be a good option.

~ RHF