RadioBanter

-   -   antenna switch? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/97033-antenna-switch.html)

Lisa Simpson June 22nd 06 12:38 AM

antenna switch?

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Jim Hackett June 22nd 06 12:47 AM

antenna switch?

It won't hurt anything to just split the cable into 2. The loss in signal
will be negligible...

.. .

dxAce June 22nd 06 04:13 AM

antenna switch?

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Telamon June 22nd 06 05:45 AM

antenna switch?

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

I didn't see any inexpensive ones made for HF. Plenty of them at higher
frequencies or amplified units so who makes a simple unit for HF that is
a transformer or resistive coupled that has PL-259 connectors?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

[email protected] June 22nd 06 06:07 AM

antenna switch?

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:13:25 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

ICE makes some:
HF, 0.5-30MHz, 2 outputs 111-2A $26.00
they also have an amplifed modle for 112-2A $42.00
Check out the website:
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Produc...ceive%20Signal

Happy Trails,
Howard

[email protected] June 22nd 06 06:24 AM

antenna switch?

dxAce wrote:
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How dare you agree with me, Challenged Boy!

gravity June 22nd 06 06:26 AM

antenna switch?

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps.html

i can't vouch for the quality.

Gravity

[email protected] June 22nd 06 06:36 AM

antenna switch?

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

http://www.stridsberg.com/mca104a.htm
Stridsberg is the consumer grade gear most scanner enthusiasts use.

Telamon June 22nd 06 06:47 AM

antenna switch?

In article ews.net,
"gravity" wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps.html

i can't vouch for the quality.

RF systems SP-1 looks like it but it's $99.95. I guess that's not
unreasonable but seems a little high.

I could build one for $20. Mini circuits have small transformers and you
would need to buy a metal box and three PL-259 connectors.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon June 22nd 06 06:52 AM

antenna switch?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:13:25 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

ICE makes some:
HF, 0.5-30MHz, 2 outputs 111-2A $26.00
they also have an amplifed modle for 112-2A $42.00
Check out the website:
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/reconly.html#Receive%20Signal

Yeah, I figured the Ham stuff would be more reasonably priced.

I don't know why a Google search came up empty.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California