Old June 22nd 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew

Default NPR

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

BWHAHHAHAHA. I suppose you think Lake Wobegon is real to.

Old June 22nd 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Do a search for Bonita Lakes Mississippi

Bonita Lakes is for real.Last time I had a misperception about something
was about two months ago at a Big Lots store.I bought a can of Susie Q
Chicken snd Dumplings.There was barely a teaspoon full of chicken in
those dumplings.
cuhulin

Old June 22nd 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

"MnMikew" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi

are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

BWHAHHAHAHA. I suppose you think Lake Wobegon is real to.

NPR is very good news. i always thought it had a liberal leaning, but that
doesn't bother me.

the NPR shows have good guests. trying to remember some names, Dixie
Chicks, Chuck Palahniuk. you won't find that on most American TV or radio.

i think Jackson Pollack is bad art, but a show on that is better than the
inanity on CBS/NBC/ABC.

Gravity

Old June 22nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

wrote in message
Do a search for Bonita Lakes Mississippi

Bonita Lakes is for real.Last time I had a misperception about something
was about two months ago at a Big Lots store.I bought a can of Susie Q
Chicken snd Dumplings.There was barely a teaspoon full of chicken in
those dumplings.
cuhulin

you might have to spring for some higher end dumplings. i don't think i'd
like them out of the can though.

Gravity

Old June 23rd 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I can buy one of those $1.98 already cooked chickens under the hot
lights at the food store and just skip the dumplings.I am trying to
remember the title of that John Wayne movie and those people were
sitting at the rooming house dinner table.Something about chicken and
dumplings.McCahill,I think is the title of that movie,or Rooster
Cogburn.
cuhulin

Old June 23rd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:21:29 GMT, David wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:47:57 -0400, dxAce

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there.

Fair and balanced? You're out of your sushi eating mind.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

For each of the three misperceptions, the study found enormous
differences between the viewers of Fox, who held the most
misperceptions, and NPR/PBS, who held the fewest by far. Eighty
percent of Fox viewers were found to hold at least one misperception,
compared to 23 percent of NPR/PBS consumers. All the other media fell
in between.

http://www.alternet.org/story/16892/

Didn't over 50% of the Foxie viewers think S. Hussein attacked us on
9/11? Some ridiculous figure...

bob
k5qwg
Old June 23rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont watch those full time talking heads so-called tv programs.(if you
watch those nitwits,you get dumber and dumber and fox is just as dumb as
the rest of them) WLBT tv news will be on tv again,at 10:00 PM.I will
watch it and get my late evening local and and state news and,That's
Enough For Me,Brother!
cuhulin

Old June 23rd 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Miller wrote:
[...]

Yes, but they jury is still out. That is, does Fox News make you
stupid, or do stupid people watch Fox News?

Old June 23rd 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : DaviD Asks - Point Me To A Real Conservative

DaviD asks - "And point me to a real Conservative.
I dare ya. I double dog dare ya."

DaviD - So you want the Name of a 'real' Conservative :
Two Words with a Letter in between - William F Buckley {Jr.} !
WFB = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F_Buckley

ABOUT - CONSERVATIVE = CONSERVATISM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative
"Conservatism" is a Philosophy Defined -by- Edmund Burke
as - A Disposition To Preserve -and- An Ability To Improve.
* To a Conservative, the Goal-of-Change is less important
than the insistence that Change be Effected with a Respect
for The-Rule-of-Law and Traditions-of-a-Society.
* Conservatism is Tethered (Linked) to the Social Traditions
and Customs of a given Society, Ethnic Group or Nation -and-
therefore Conservatism cannot hold any single or universal
meaning across the World.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_conservatism
* Fiscal Conservatism is the Economic Philosophy of Prudence
in {Waistful} Government Spending and {Excessive} Debt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_conservatism
* Conservatives were the early founders of the Coservation Movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_movement
-aka- Theodore_Roosevelt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt

Dare Ya -and- Double Dog Dare Ya = Matched-and-I-Win !

fisking-the-facts - as i see them ~ RHF
+
About - "Fisking" {To Fisk The Facts} Setting Things Straight !
FISKING = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisking
+
+
+ +

David wrote:
On 22 Jun 2006 13:44:25 -0700, "RHF"

Eight public radio stations (Red Diaper Doper Babies) in Mississippi are
concerned (FCC is cutting some funding) about what happens next.JT and
Dave,on their radio talk show
www.supertalkms.com just said,Beg for
more money.
cuhulin

RDDB is a Michael Weiner phrase for those unfamiliar with the phrase.

[Fisking The Facts] : Miso sayeth -
NPR Is The Only Fair And Balanced News Out There !

* * * WARNING MEGA BIG LIBERAL LIE FOLLOWS * * *
"A Classic Piece Of Leftist Pathology" -in-the-style-of- Robert Fisk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk
http://www.robert-fisk.com/
"NPR is the only fair and balanced news out there. It's too
fair in my opinion as they don't challenge the neocon lies."
- - - sayeth Miso

Doh ! - NPR "Fair-and-Balanced" - NOT ! ~ RHF

At best NPR Discussion Program {Round Table} features :
1 - A Liberal -or- Better Yet Two Liberals Members.
2 - Plus a single Moderate Member.
3 - And the NPR Moderator a Flaming-Liberal
or may be a Liberal-Moderate.
THEY - All Praise the Liberal Point-of-View and often
Put-Down The Conservative View Point with disdain
and contempt.

FISKING = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisking
+
+
+ +

Give me a break. You don't even know what a Liberal is. Just another
dirty word you heard the neighborhood bully using.

Old June 23rd 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default NPR and Lake Wobegon + Garrison Keillor + A Prairie Home Companion

MnM - I have Walked-on-the-Waters of Lake Wobegon ) ~ RHF

Lake Wobegon {Minnesota}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon%2C_Minnesota
- - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoka%2C_Minnesota
- - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeport%2C_Minnesota

Garrison Keillor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrison_Keillor
Note the Radio Microphone in the Picture )

A Prairie Home Companion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Prairie_Home_Companion