Old June 27th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas : Select-A-Tenna -vice- Terk AM Advantage

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

JA, - Thank You for Posting this Message and Link ~ RHF

You are right - If someone takes the time to read Jay Allen's
Review of the Select-A-Tenna (SAT) and Terk AM Advantage
Medium Wave (MW) Loop Antennas :
LOOP = http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm
They will have a better understanding of How To Use Them
-and- What Reasonable Results to Expect from both with
a variety of AM/MW Radios.

Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas :
http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm
Select-A-Tenna -vice- Terk AM Advantage
-written by- Jay Allen -hosted by- RadioIntel.Com

This isn't complicated. You just put it next to the radio orientated to
couple to the radios internal loop stick antenna. Then you just adjust
it to the operating frequency to peak the signal. If you have an
interfering station on channel you rotated them together to null it.
Easiest thing to do is use a lazy susan to rotate the tuned loop and
radio together. That's all there is to it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 27th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas : Select-A-Tenna -vice- TerkAM...

Yeah,but that piece of plywood I put on that couch end table by my end
of Blueberry doggys couch is already over loaded (Sheeees
complicated,,,,,,,, gave me a Mule to rideeee,,,,,,) with my Velocity
Micro,ProMagix long tall big computer and radios and Popular Mechanics
and Popular Science and computer magazines.(no girly magazines in this
house!,I prefer the real ''thingys'')
cuhulin,the auld deep South

Old June 27th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Telamon,

"What Reasonable Results to Expect from
both with a variety of AM/MW Radios."

I think what Jay Allen communicates is that which some smaller
Radios with very small Ferrite Rod Antennas the Results form
using an External Loop Antenna can be . . . A W E S O M E !

Then - When other people use the same External Loop Antenna
with some larger Radios with very large Ferrite Rod Antennas
find that the Results are often only 'slight' : But never the less
there is some improvement in Signal and in Reception.

expect the unexpected - iane ~ RHF