Old June 26th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini

Default Comparison of Select-A-Tenna and Terk AM Advantage

Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

Best,

Joe

Old June 26th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

I've got a RS loop, 15-1853 with the connecting cord (if needed) and the
instruction sheet $25 + shipping.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 27th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

"dxAce" wrote in message

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

I've got a RS loop, 15-1853 with the connecting cord (if needed) and the
instruction sheet $25 + shipping.

i want a Palomar. $300 with preamp.

i should build my own.

is RS good?

Gravity

Old June 27th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

gravity wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

I've got a RS loop, 15-1853 with the connecting cord (if needed) and the
instruction sheet $25 + shipping.

i want a Palomar. $300 with preamp.

i should build my own.

is RS good?

It serves its purpose.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 27th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX
on the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!"
They do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you
"naysayers" obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna
for over ten years.)

Snip

You must be reading some of the nut cases that post here instead of kill
filing them. Reasonable and knowledgeable people would not make posts of
this nature.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old June 27th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

Best,

Joe

I think some people think the Select-A-Tenna and its kindred don't work
because they initially use them with portable radios that already have
rather large ferrite loop antennas. The benefits of the Select-A-Tenna
are less pronounced then. However, if you put the Select-A-Tenna next
to, say, a Grundig mini-world, the effect is pretty amazing.

Steve

Old June 27th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Hello Everybody,

This will be of interest to many of you and especially those who DX on
the MW band.

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

And don't bother replying that these antennas "don't do anything" or
they "aren't any good" or "I tried it and it didn''t do a thing!" They
do INDEED work well WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM which you "naysayers"
obviously don't. (I've owned and used a Stelect-A-Tenna for over ten
years.)

But the review by Jay Allen really says it all. Check it out.

Best,

Joe

These antennas don't do anything, aren't any good, and I tried it and
it didn''t do a thing!

Old June 27th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas : Select-A-Tenna -vice- Terk AM Advantage

JA, - Thank You for Posting this Message and Link ~ RHF

You are right - If someone takes the time to read Jay Allen's
Review of the Select-A-Tenna (SAT) and Terk AM Advantage
Medium Wave (MW) Loop Antennas :
LOOP = http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm
They will have a better understanding of How To Use Them
-and- What Reasonable Results to Expect from both with
a variety of AM/MW Radios.

Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas :
http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm
Select-A-Tenna -vice- Terk AM Advantage
-written by- Jay Allen -hosted by- RadioIntel.Com

just my two cents worth - iane ~ RHF
Old June 27th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Has anyone tried one of those antennas like the kind on the rear panels
of some tube type radios,for tranistor radios? I wonder if something
like that would do any good?
cuhulin

Old June 27th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"Steve" wrote:

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
[...]