RadioBanter

-   -   Station on 4050 khz? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/98309-station-4050-khz.html)

Steve July 9th 06 04:22 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

dxAce July 9th 06 04:36 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

dxAce July 9th 06 04:43 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

[email protected] July 9th 06 05:06 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Where are you located? Here in south Florida I'm receiving Radio
Verdad, Guatamala, on 4052 every night, sometimes strong enough to
really enjoy, at times its just barely there. There's been nothing
else on any frequency even remotely close to RV. Unless you're using
an older receiver with limited readout you should be able to pin it
down to 4052 kHz.

Steve July 9th 06 05:15 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Nothing there now, but Radio Verdad out of Guatemala is up on 4052.3.

I have seen some stuff about Radio Bishkek out of Kyrgyzstan operating there
over the years. But also see a supposed current freq. of 4010.

4010 is in reference to Kyrgyz Radio in EiBi.

?

Don't really know! If I get a chance I'll try to tune in tomorrow night.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve

Thanks. I'll bet it was Radio Verdad. It was so faint I probably just
wasn't able to tune precisely.

Steve July 9th 06 05:19 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:
The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It may well have been Radio Verdad. It was so
faint I probably couldn't have traced it precisely to 4052. Maybe the
signal will be stronger tomorrow night.

Steve

[email protected] July 9th 06 05:26 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Steve wrote:
The last couple of nights I've heard a very faint broadcast station on
4050, but I don't see anything listed for that frequency on the EIBI
schedule. Anyone happen to know what it is? I heard it at around 01:30
or so.

Steve

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It may well have been Radio Verdad. It was so
faint I probably couldn't have traced it precisely to 4052. Maybe the
signal will be stronger tomorrow night.

Steve

Steve, a few weeks ago I received a QSL from them indicating a
transmission power of 800 watts. Quick reply, too. Very friendly
religious broadcaster that's well worth the effort to get a good
reception report to.

[email protected] July 9th 06 06:36 AM

Station on 4050 khz?

Huh girl,, put your duds back on.You are scareing me to death.
cuhulin