Old July 10th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

** U S A. Strong rumor from allegedly reliable sources is that the FCC will be
making an across-the-board authorization for nighttime IBOC on MW within the
next two weeks. Better enjoy your nighttime MW listening and DXing while you
can. More and more ``clear`` channel stations have been testing it in the
daytime, and once they all start running it at night, large portions of the AM
band will be devoted to noise (Glenn Hauser, July 9, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Thanks to 'Eduardo' and all the other beancounting dip****s out there!

HD/IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
** U S A. Strong rumor from allegedly reliable sources is that the FCC will be
making an across-the-board authorization for nighttime IBOC on MW within the
next two weeks. Better enjoy your nighttime MW listening and DXing while you
can. More and more ``clear`` channel stations have been testing it in the
daytime, and once they all start running it at night, large portions of the AM
band will be devoted to noise (Glenn Hauser, July 9, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Thanks to 'Eduardo' and all the other beancounting dip****s out there!

HD/IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- Agree.. ANY way of filtering this out ?

Old July 10th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
** U S A. Strong rumor from allegedly reliable sources is that the FCC will be
making an across-the-board authorization for nighttime IBOC on MW within the
next two weeks. Better enjoy your nighttime MW listening and DXing while you
can. More and more ``clear`` channel stations have been testing it in the
daytime, and once they all start running it at night, large portions of the AM
band will be devoted to noise (Glenn Hauser, July 9, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

I should note similar strong rumors from allegedly reliable sources flew
around the time of the NAB Convention in April - and nothing happened.

I'm sure nighttime IBOC *will* be authorized eventually, but I'll
believe it when I see (hear) it!

(the fact that approval has taken this long leads me to believe there's
a major tug-of-war going on at the FCC, that there are large parts of
the staff that believe it's a REALLY bad idea. I don't *think* anyone
on the Engineering staff will quit over this approval but I won't be
stunned if it happens.)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old July 10th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
** U S A. Strong rumor from allegedly reliable sources is that the FCC will be
making an across-the-board authorization for nighttime IBOC on MW within the
next two weeks. Better enjoy your nighttime MW listening and DXing while you
can. More and more ``clear`` channel stations have been testing it in the
daytime, and once they all start running it at night, large portions of the AM
band will be devoted to noise (Glenn Hauser, July 9, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Thanks to 'Eduardo' and all the other beancounting dip****s out there!

HD/IBOC = QRM

dxAce
Michigan
USA

There will probably be a flood of formal objections, if not lawsuits,
to the FCC from stations being interfered with IBOC; the FCC has a
formal complaint process in place, that if it becomes necessary, the
station causing the interference can be forced to shut down the IBOC
transmission. Instead of posting rumors, wait and see, if this really
happens. I have checked most of the electronic stores on-line(Circuit
City, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.), and most of them only carry one HD
radio. I can't imagine there will be any public demand/interest in
IBOC, considering satellite radio, so stations will find out real
quickly, when they have lost 99% of their listener base, if IBOC ever
goes completely digital. Honestly, does iBiquity think they are going
to be able to obsolete the estimated 800 million analog AM/FM radios in
the US. As posted before, stations have turned off IBOC, because of
adjacent-channel interference to their neighbors.

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM