Old July 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 7/13/2006 IBOC pulled from FCC Agenda !

From RWOnline:

IBOC Pulled From FCC Agenda for Now

For a while there it looked like we'd get some decisions at last on
various important aspects of digital radio in the United States. But
the FCC pulled the final authorization for IBOC off its agenda Thursday
morning. A spokesman told RW Online, "It isn't done."

Stations will have to wait longer for easier notification procedures
when they fire up their digital transmitters or decide to multicast.

There was no indication of when commissioners might finalize the item,
which was expected to include a provision for multicasting, so stations
would no longer need an STA to split their digital signals, as well as
a strategy to handle AM nighttime authorization.

Hey, David Eduardo - lick my balls ! IBOC is dying ! Go find yourself
a new job !

Old July 13th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

From RWOnline:

IBOC Pulled From FCC Agenda for Now

For a while there it looked like we'd get some decisions at last on
various important aspects of digital radio in the United States. But
the FCC pulled the final authorization for IBOC off its agenda Thursday
morning. A spokesman told RW Online, "It isn't done."

Stations will have to wait longer for easier notification procedures
when they fire up their digital transmitters or decide to multicast.

There was no indication of when commissioners might finalize the item,
which was expected to include a provision for multicasting, so stations
would no longer need an STA to split their digital signals, as well as
a strategy to handle AM nighttime authorization.

Hey, David Eduardo - lick my balls ! IBOC is dying ! Go find yourself
a new job !

That was good post except for the last paragraph makes you look like an
14 year old.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 13th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

From RWOnline:

[...]

Hey, it's the bigot, Telamon !

Old July 13th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

From RWOnline:

[...]

Hey, it's the same idiot with another handle!

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 13th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article om,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

From RWOnline:

[...]

Actually, it is RHF and BH, in disguise !

Old July 13th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article om,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

From RWOnline:

[...]

Oh, I forgot the hostile little bitch, dxAce !

Old July 13th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote in message
ups.com...
From RWOnline:

IBOC Pulled From FCC Agenda for Now

For a while there it looked like we'd get some decisions at last on
various important aspects of digital radio in the United States. But
the FCC pulled the final authorization for IBOC off its agenda Thursday
morning.

HD _IS_ authorized. FM can go HD with just a letter. AM can go HD daytime
with just a letter. FM can add a second or even third HD channel with a
letter that gets and automatic STA. The only thing not authorized is night
operation on AM, which is not a very big deal anyway.

A spokesman told RW Online, "It isn't done."

Stations will have to wait longer for easier notification procedures
when they fire up their digital transmitters or decide to multicast.

Easier? All it takes is sending a letter now. How much easier can you make
it? No notification at all...like FM stereo???

There was no indication of when commissioners might finalize the item,
which was expected to include a provision for multicasting, so stations
would no longer need an STA to split their digital signals, as well as
a strategy to handle AM nighttime authorization.

Per Inside Radio, the subject was felt to be more extensive than can be delt
with in a general meeting, so they are going to call one just for HD.

Hey, David Eduardo - lick my balls ! IBOC is dying ! Go find yourself
a new job !

HuH? My job, today, does not depend on HD. It may in a number of years,
though... as will every job in radio.

You need to take a drink or a pill or a toke or something. You don't
understand the state of HD, nor the way the FCC weeks.

Old July 14th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', paid shill for Univision
Radio/iBiquity wrote:

"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote in message
ups.com...
From RWOnline:

[...]

Take your meds, Frackelton.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

IBOC Article Carter, K8VT Shortwave 338 April 4th 06 02:56 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
IBOC interference complaint - advice? WBRW Broadcasting 11 February 11th 04 01:08 AM