Old July 19th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD article from Radio World

"David" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:41:47 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

The average use of radio is just over 19 hours a week by the
average American.

Maybe that's because radio sucks.

That is only about 7% below the level in 1952, prior to the lift of the TV
freeze. Did radio suck then, too?

Old July 19th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

The average use of radio is just over 19 hours a week by the
average American.

Maybe that's because radio sucks.

That is only about 7% below the level in 1952, prior to the lift of the TV
freeze. Did radio suck then, too?

You're just full of numbers, aren't you?

In 1952 radio listening was Prime Time more than Drive Time.

I listen to radio all day long and most of the time at night. TV
makes your brain shrink.

Old July 19th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:37:47 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

The #1 station in San Antonio, which has been #1 for 5 years, played 57
songs for its first 6 months, and plays about 110 songs now.

The #1 music station in LA plays less than 300 songs, and it has been in
the
top three or four stations for 16 years.

Are these Mexican stations? They don't count.

There are no Mexican stations in LA or San Antonio... Mexican stations are
in Mexico.

All stations in the ratings count.

Old July 19th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:40:53 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

1. There are not 1000 hits in most formats (an exception or two exist)
2. when tried, the station with fewer and better songs wins in inverse
proportion to library size.

I had a station come after my classic rocker a few years ago. We had under
500 songs. They did 1,800. We had a 20 share, they had a 1.8.

Years before, I tried doing double the cuts of a leading AC. I lost big.
Listeners gave the variety image to the other station because they played
better music.

Adult Contemptuous is a brain dead format. It is aimed at Zombies.

I'd do a station for smart people, like KCRW, (not quite as
urban-esoteric), with commercials.

KCRW has a 1.2 share in LA, while the sum of the four AC stations is about
13 sharess.

I'm sure if you added commercials to KCRW, it could manage to work its way
down to a 0.98 or so.

Old July 19th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

The average use of radio is just over 19 hours a week by the
average American.
Maybe that's because radio sucks.

That is only about 7% below the level in 1952, prior to the lift of the TV
freeze. Did radio suck then, too?

You're just full of numbers, aren't you?

In 1952 radio listening was Prime Time more than Drive Time.

So?

Actually, mid-days has as much listening as afternoon drive, so your
assumption is wrong.

And the usage in hours of radio in 1965 when Arbitron started was 21 hours.
In 1980 it was just undre 21 hours (20:45) and it has been in that level
ever since.
I listen to radio all day long and most of the time at night. TV
makes your brain shrink.

The average person listens just over 2.5 hours a day.

Old July 19th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:58:27 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

KCRW has a 1.2 share in LA, while the sum of the four AC stations is about
13 sharess.

How would you know that? NCEs have their own book.

Old July 19th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:04:42 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

The average person listens just over 2.5 hours a day.

The average person believes that Angels are real.

Old July 19th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

KCRW has a 1.2 share in LA, while the sum of the four AC stations is about
13 sharess.

How would you know that? NCEs have their own book.

NCEs are measured by Arbitron, but the data is marketed to NCE's by a
separate entity. All the NCE numbers come from Arbitron, and all Arbitron
subscribers have them.

Old July 20th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

The average person listens just over 2.5 hours a day.

The average person believes that Angels are real.

DaviD,

I will close my Eyes and Imagine you with Wings !

See Now Your An Angel ) ~ RHF
Old July 20th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Oh, look. It is a bigot masquerading as a bad DXer.

Bigot?

You're a member of La Raza and you've got the nerve to call me a bigot.

Being of "La Raza" means being a working class, blue collar Mexican. I am
not that.

- I _am_ a member of the National Council of la Raza,
- which uses a totally different meaning for the term.

DE - And What Would That 'different' Meaning Be ? ? ? ~ RHF