RadioBanter

-   -   HD article from Radio World (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/99172-re-hd-article-radio-world.html)

Steve July 17th 06 11:51 PM

HD article from Radio World

Whatever. I can't imagine what motivates you to post this crap here.
You know you aren't going to sell us on IBOC, so why waste your time?

Steve July 18th 06 04:24 AM

HD article from Radio World

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whatever. I can't imagine what motivates you to post this crap here.
You know you aren't going to sell us on IBOC, so why waste your time?

It realtes to DX as HD uses specturm. It also shows that there is a lot
of
sentiment for it in radio, and it is unlikely it will go away. There was
noting like this support for AM stereo...

But no one in this group cares. No one is interested in what you have
to say, so why bother?

Actually, some are. I have even received e-mails on the subject from readers
of the group.

If you are not interested in the subject, you are, like DXass, playing
ostrich. You may not like what I post, so ignore my postings. But HD is
going to be on most of the viable AMs in the US in a few years.

You're just a garden variety troll...with a very poor understanding of
both radio and marketing.

Get thee behind me, troll!

dxAce July 18th 06 04:35 AM

HD article from Radio World

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's paid shill and
pedantic prancer wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
oups.com...

And you are always playing hide the head up the ass, dip****!

David Eduardo July 18th 06 05:47 AM

HD article from Radio World

"Steve" wrote in message
ps.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Huh? There are over 1000 HD stations on the ari, and commitments for more
than a thousand more.

Considering that only about 20% to 25% of AMs licensed are viable (cover
thier market, are not daytimers, do not have radically limited night
patterns, etc), nearly every one will be HD in about 24 to 36 months.

On FM, most viable top 100 market stations will be HD in a couple of years.
There are already over 100 HD-2 formats running.

I have a pretty good understanding of radio, and the credentials and C. V.
to back that statement. Who are you to say I do not?

Get thee behind me, troll!

Troll = truthsayer (in this case)

David Eduardo July 18th 06 05:47 AM

HD article from Radio World

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's paid
shill and
pedantic prancer wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Say 100 times into the mirror.

Oh, look. It is a bigot masquerading as a bad DXer.

dxAce July 18th 06 12:51 PM

HD article from Radio World

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's paid
shill and
pedantic prancer wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Bad DXer?

Nah, I'm simply not a fake Hispanic, nor a shill.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve July 18th 06 01:43 PM

HD article from Radio World

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
ps.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, yes, this would all have been very interesting in 1986.

David July 18th 06 02:24 PM

HD article from Radio World

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 04:47:14 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

On FM, most viable top 100 market stations will be HD in a couple of years.
There are already over 100 HD-2 formats running.

From what I've heard thus far I'm not impressed. Star 98.7 is running
a 250 song '80s playlist, KROCK (''Q-2'') is running heavily censored
Active Rock, maybe 350 songs . Sol Levine has the right idea. Kill
the AM. Right?

David Eduardo July 18th 06 03:37 PM

HD article from Radio World

wrote:

On FM, most viable top 100 market stations will be HD in a couple of
years.
There are already over 100 HD-2 formats running.

From what I've heard thus far I'm not impressed. Star 98.7 is running
a 250 song '80s playlist, KROCK (''Q-2'') is running heavily censored
Active Rock, maybe 350 songs . Sol Levine has the right idea. Kill
the AM. Right?

Sol shut down 540 because he was legally required to to sell 1650, which he
got "in exchange" in the X-band procedures. He did not shut it down because
he wanted to; he did it because he got something better in exchange.

The current HD-2 channels are just starting, with programming that will
"expand" in phases as more receivers come to the market. Right now, most are
there to prove to the manufacturers that there will be a market.

The fact is, most listeners do not have more than a few hundred favorite
songs in any genre. Several recent surveys have shown that the average
number of songs on an iPod is around 300! When you go beyond that number, in
most formats or genres, you are playing songs that listeners don't really
like, which is hardly a gain.

Calling the limiting of a playlist to songs most people like, as opposed to
songs they don't like, is hardly "censorship." It is more like "common
sense."

The reason Baskin Robbins does not have 1000 flavors is that most people
like the same 8 or 10, and occasionally try one or another in an array of 30
to 40. Same with music.

Steve July 18th 06 03:57 PM

HD article from Radio World

wrote:

On FM, most viable top 100 market stations will be HD in a couple of
years.
There are already over 100 HD-2 formats running.

From what I've heard thus far I'm not impressed. Star 98.7 is running
[...]

Sorry. You're about twenty years too late.