Old August 22nd 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default why not deal with the eal issue

an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?

wel you got that part aprt Code being dead but the ARS is still alive
dispite the efforts of Sloaw code Robeson and others to kill it

Isnt that the main point tho.... they have no power to do anything...

They are just sad ppl with nothing better to do. Next they will be
saying that
you should have to pay a monthly fee to use the airwaves...

Maybe have a subscription fee, that would stop most of the scum (yeh
right)

Old August 22nd 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default why not deal with the real issue

Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?

wel you got that part aprt Code being dead but the ARS is still alive
dispite the efforts of Sloaw code Robeson and others to kill it

Isnt that the main point tho.... they have no power to do anything...

They are just sad ppl with nothing better to do. Next they will be
saying that
you should have to pay a monthly fee to use the airwaves...

Maybe have a subscription fee, that would stop most of the scum (yeh
right)

well a GMRS like license would surely do better asa filter than the
code test look at the code tested ham we have on the air now

Old August 22nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?
wel you got that part aprt Code being dead but the ARS is still alive
dispite the efforts of Sloaw code Robeson and others to kill it

Isnt that the main point tho.... they have no power to do anything...

They are just sad ppl with nothing better to do. Next they will be
saying that
you should have to pay a monthly fee to use the airwaves...

Maybe have a subscription fee, that would stop most of the scum (yeh
right)

well a GMRS like license would surely do better asa filter than the
code test look at the code tested ham we have on the air now

What part of the GMRS license would be a better filter?

The 5 year duration between renewals, the $75/£40 charge or just the
general way of applying for it?

Im not saying i disagree, just wondering what you meant..

Old August 22nd 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
[...]

having to pay to use the ARS freqs might be more of a deterant to those
with bad attiudes than a code test

not to say it would be a good filter but fee for license with the
license fee used for enforcement here in the state the license is free
(the tests cost something) and the FCC is always complaining it laks
any funding to go after ham violators I suspect you are a brit and so
this might escape you I should have been clearer

nice to see someone serious paying attention here I had assume the
flamers and trolls had driven them off

Old August 23rd 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
[...]

Yep, im british.

I can see your point about the FCC complaints, lack of funding is the
usual reason for them not to bother to go after ham violators. If they
charged users then they would be able to use that money to go after the
retards who clog todays airwaves...

And the flamers/trolls havent driven us all off, we just go into hiding
until we see something of interest, and just ignore the rest...

Old August 23rd 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
[...]

indeed but you can't discuss any changes as I suspect you have ntoiced

and for that matter I have never seen why we have to have all of us
geting our license by the same path

indeed I have always liked an idea with some folks talking a rule and
safety test (and being confined to built equipment) and pay a fee while
others would takerigourous test and no fees

Old August 23rd 06, 03:46 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

an Old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
[...]

So basically ur saying that you should be able to either

1. Pay for your license and Take a beginner test (to prove your
competent)
or
2. Take a Intermediate Test and get free license after passing

If this is what you mean, then i can see your logic and i would fully
support a system like this...

Only problem is that just like Slow Code and the other trolls who try
to change the Ham world, we wouldnt be able to do anything either, its
down to the corporations, not us little people...

Old August 23rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

I have been into Shortwave and Police communications since the days of
putting crystals into my 8 channel regency scanner from Montgomery
Wards.

I am 41, college educated, and technically savy. Today I am going to
go and take my license to be a certified Technician no code ham. So
far every test I have taken online I have achieved a passing score
without doing any studying other that the knowledge I have accumulated
over the past 30 years of being a shortwave, military comm, and police
comm listener.

I hope that others in the hobby do not have the same attitude that you
possess and are favorable to me being new to the hobby (I am a bit shy
out the gate but warm up quickly).

The fact that the fcc has made this test so much more attainable is a
good thing because it invites those (like myself) who decide to join
this hobby as a result of the test being passable with a basic
understanding of the radio spectrum and laws of using the spectrum for
which you are licensed to use.

More people available to be a part of the hobby is a good thing. So
why would you want to try to weed them out?? Almost sounds like you
are being a bit of a radio snob.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Keith

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:50:37 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

So why do it?

SC

Old August 23rd 06, 11:10 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
[...]

It sounds like you want to be a ham so you will be welcome.

The point that some people are trying to make is that attracting people who
do not want to be hams is rather pointless. They'll be talked into getting
a license by some overzealous person telling them how easy it is and then
will end up not participating because they don't have an interest in it.

Dee, N8UZE

Old August 23rd 06, 11:26 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
I have been into Shortwave and Police communications since the days of

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Keith

It sounds like you want to be a ham so you will be welcome.

not by you most likely if he expresses an opinion you don't like

The point that some people are trying to make is that attracting people who
do not want to be hams is rather pointless.

is that the point?
then you are worng

It far from pointless although it is less valueble than atracting and
retaining those that realy want to be hams

They'll be talked into getting
a license by some overzealous person telling them how easy it is and then
will end up not participating because they don't have an interest in it.

Thus pseaks Dee Flint Like Robeson a supreme judge of other people

as I have an elitist bitch

to the original poster you find these number they can not be escaped
but they are not the majority

Dee, N8UZE

What Amateur Radio Emergency Communications? TOM General 199 October 29th 05 03:29 PM
Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
Hey Twist!!!! AKC KennelMaster CB 45 September 3rd 04 02:45 AM
Amateur Radio "outside the box" Vshah101 Policy 11 July 30th 03 01:52 PM