Old October 17th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default Question for the group. Mainly new hams.

Slow Code wrote:
What do you like best about appliance operating?

SC

Dear Slow, I'm a new ham. I passed my Novice Exams in November of
1986, so in Ham Years, I'm a new ham.

What do I like best about appliance operating? I like the features and
the ease of cleanup. The new GE range we have allows me to scroll up
to the desired operating temperature, and push the "ON" button. Then
"Pre" is shown on the temp readout until the oven comes up to
temperature. And the smooth glass stove top is a snap to cleanup. If
something should boil over, you don't have to lift up the burners and
take the spill pans out, etc. Just a quick wipe with a damp dish
cloth. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks for asking.

Old October 17th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

When you passed the FCC exam - you are an Amateur Radio Operator period --
plain and simple.

Whether you passed a 20 wpm code test or no code - you are a Ham

Whether you had to draw the schematic for a Colpitts Oscillator or not - you
are a Ham

Whether you faced the steely-eyed FCC examiner or a VE -- you are a Ham

Those who say otherwise are shrouded in elitism and a synonym for elitism
is snobbery - plain and simple

This is 2006, not 1920

CL