Old October 28th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

Old October 28th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

" wrote in
oups.com:
From: on Sat, Oct 21 2006 4:01pm
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at least
seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

Jimmie will NEVER admit to using any pseudonyms. :-)

Who is "Jimmie"? There's a "Jimmie D" who has posted to rrap recently.
I'm not him

Jimmie is a proud amateur "serving his country in other ways"
such as playing with his radio hobby, spreading "international
good will" by working DX on HF with CW. :-)

Who is this "Jimmie" person? Can't be me, because I've never claimed to
be "serving...country in other ways". And I work some HF CW DX, but not
as much as many other hams.

"Slow Code" could be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.

No protests from me. Just a statement of fact: I am not "Slow Code".

Not in

petty prissy manner of "always being correct."

You mean like knowing the correct distance from the USSR to Tokyo? Or
the actual length of a quarter-wave whip for 73 MHz?

[i.e., thinking as

thinks...all else is "wrong"]

No, that's *your* game, Len.

One can always tell when Len is losing the debate - he starts following
his profile.

Miccolis already tried at least one pseudonym. That pesudo
STOPPED when confronted. [that's in the Google archives]

Really? Where's your proof?

But, but, but...Miccolis (who never swears) swears "it wasn't
him!" AS IF. :-)

Gee, Len, you've posted to rrap as

and the screen name you use now.

Those are just the ones we know of, too. There are probably more. Many
of your posts are anonymous, too.

Maybe you were "Cutie Boy", Len, doing a bad imitation of "Scratchi".

For all we know, Len or Brian Burke, N0IMD could be "Slow Code". I
don't mean to be insulting, but since "SC" insists on being anonymous,
he could be anybody.

I just know he isn't me.

Ditto
Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who "appears" to
be absent from RRAP.

Maybe it is Val Germann, frustrated that he can't get his
(code speed) up? :-)

Your Extra still in its box, Len? In January it will be seven years.

Could even be KH2D after starting the Alzheimer's route...who
knows?

Maybe it is Lamont Cranston? "Who knows what evil lurks in
the hearts of No-Coders?" :-)

who has used a wide variety of screen names
here, ("billy beeper", "hot ham and cheese", to name just a few)
usually without including his name or callsign.

I understand that Brian Burke has received a whole lot less spam email
on his regular user account than when he posted here under his name and
call. I also understand that he let go of "Billy Beeper" at Han's
Brakob's request, as "Billy Beeper" was an invention of Hans, a
fictitious boy who feared evil No-Coders.

There's lots of fictitious BOYS in here fearing evil No-Coders.

Do you still have trouble "integrating young people into...an adult
activity", Len?

Most of them use pseudonyms. No guts. No courage. No brains.

You mean like someone who calls himself "Avery Fine"? And then denies
posting here?

Or "Leo"? Does "Leo" have "No guts. No courage. No brains."?

They hide behind their BFO-enabled beeping, afraid to stray
beyond the anonymity of their monotonic dots and dashes...and
dreams of glory and honor via morsemanship..."serving their
country in 'other' ways." :-)

You hide behind your keyboard, Len.

Wheeew! Thank god you expelled most of your gas in your last post you
didn't have a lot left over for this one.

He's got plenty more, "SC".

No Len. Most RRAPers aren't pro-CW, but you think they're pro code
because they're willing to learn it for a license.

It's really simple, "SC". Len has no tolerance for disagreement with
his cherished views. All you have to do to get him going is to disagree
with him. Or do something even worse: prove he is wrong (mistaken)
about something.

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

No, there's me, too. Jim, N2EY. You can read my comments to FCC on
ECFS.

I'm for both keeping the Morse Code test and improving the written
tests.

Old October 28th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

Old October 28th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Old October 28th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin. We actually have very little in common. We both claim to be
amateur radio operator and military veterans. I got chopped to the US
Army twice, so I know a little bit about the Army. I also got chopped
to the US Navy once, and there and at service schools, and in Somalia,
was fairly close to the USMC.

As far as amateur radio goes, the only one of these bozos I've ever
QSO'd was Heil when I was DX on Guam.

the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson,

Yeh, well, we have Jim who served in other ways. I'm sure he has
something to be proud of, too, but so far he hasn't mentioned it in
other ways.

the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus,

I guess you conveniently forgot Dan and Bruce's postings to Kim....

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

He's only saying what the PCTA Extras would like to say without their
callsigns attached to it.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I like spirited, and I like the dignity that you lend when things get
spirited...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

Is an egg that's come to room temp and incubating a little bit of
salmonella really all that bad?

Old October 28th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
On 28 Oct 2006 15:11:43 -0700,
wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Slow Code wrote:
Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

indded as you should pity Rbeson demand so much attention

He's an egomaniac log10, which I think is the legal definition of
megalomaniac.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

or letter your neighboors insiting you are child molestor

Are you serious???

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Jim.

Old October 28th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan, the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson, the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of
people
like Opus, the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who
licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

Actually, Mark Morgan is merely the necessary balance to Robesin's
postings. I read Marks posting that are responding to what I've posted
and very little else that he posts.

I think they're both a little off plumb but Morgan is the worst. He's been
known to post hundreds of messages in a day. Robeson can't seem to resist
jabbing him.

I do smaple some of Lens posting because they sometimes carry a lot of
satire. What do you thik of Len characterizing you as "Miss Manners?"

Doesn't bother me in the least. I hold myself to a high standard and
believe that the world would be more pleasant if others did the same.
However it's their problem if they don't. Occasionally I get a little
annoyed and so get a little sharp but I work hard at not doing so. You get
a lot better response from people (in general) if you treat them right.

Opus? He/She must be posting under another name these days. Ditto
K3LT, K4YZ, and N2EY.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

OUT OF HAND???

Robesin is OUT OF MIND! Good thing you don't shoot your mouth off or
you might find bricks through windows, slashed tires, or terrorized ham
husbands...

Perhaps but that and worse has been said to him. He seems to have a
compulstion to attempt to refute every comment directed at him. I've posted
in here suggesting "shunning" those who slam him but he doesn't seem to want
to. He'd rather perpetuate the threads.

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't
bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on
line.

Dee, N8UZE

I like you're "steady as she goes" format even when I disagree with
you, which I do.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I enjoy good debates but find that a debate
that has deteriorated to personal insults is boring. It's unfortunate that
happens so much in here.

So who do you think "Slow Code" is? Coslo? Miccolis? Roll? Deignan?
Dan, Dan the CB Radio Man?

Haven't a clue on Slow Code. The style doesn't sound like Coslo or
Miccolis. Don't really know the style of the other fellows writing.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 29th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

Then the presentation of sound reasoning has been successful.

No most of them have left due to the spam created by Mark Morgan,

I see Mark Morgan as the necessary balance in the vicious postings by
Robesin.

He doesn't need to create dozens of posts to refute each one. Many of
Mark's posts are and were quite vicious. I killfiled Morgan the day he made
unacceptable comments about Steve's deceased daughter.

We actually have very little in common. We both claim to be
amateur radio operator and military veterans. I got chopped to the US
Army twice, so I know a little bit about the Army. I also got chopped
to the US Navy once, and there and at service schools, and in Somalia,
was fairly close to the USMC.

As far as amateur radio goes, the only one of these bozos I've ever
QSO'd was Heil when I was DX on Guam.

the
interminable pontification of Len Anderson,

Yeh, well, we have Jim who served in other ways. I'm sure he has
something to be proud of, too, but so far he hasn't mentioned it in
other ways.

I happen to remember the post. He said that one can serve in other ways.
He did not say whether he himself served in the military or in other ways.
Yet based on that comment, Len Anderson and others have made ASSumptions.

the compulsive responses that
some seem to feel that they must post to the spam, the vulgarity of
people
like Opus,

I guess you conveniently forgot Dan and Bruce's postings to Kim....

Long time ago, but I think I mentioned it was stupid of them. However,
she's an adult and is capable of dealing with these people on her own.

Talk about not just sexist, but bonifide sexual harassment (and Jim
never once chimed in to say boo)....

She chose the call sign. It's not up to him or me or any one else to defend
her other than to say it was her right. I believe that I commented that I
thought it was a poor choice but it was up to her.

the slamming that people like Slow Code do to those who licensed
or will license under the current system and so on.

He's only saying what the PCTA Extras would like to say without their
callsigns attached to it.

I'm a pro code test advocate and an Extra. I would never hide behind
anonymity. And I do not hold the candidates responsible for the quality or
extent of the tests. They have no choice in the matter. What the new ham
does have a choice in is to either stagnate or progress. He can gain the
experience to then join in discussions and contribute or he can put his foot
in his mouth with such inexperienced statements as "you need an amplifier to
work DX" or "you can't work Texas from Michigan on VHF". However even then,
I try to avoid anything that could be taken as a put down because I want
them to stay in ham radio and grow and develop. I'll invite them over to
work a contest with my measly 100 watts or I'll introduce them to one of the
QRP enthusiasts. I'll invite them to work the VHF station at Field Day and
pair them up with one of our VHF experts. It's called being a good ham and
an Elmer.

i.e. They left because it was impossible to have a good, spirited debate
without things getting out of hand.

I like spirited, and I like the dignity that you lend when things get
spirited...

I only drop in occasionally to see what's happening. Mostly I don't
bother
to respond as it has proven to be pointless with all the bad eggs on
line.

Dee, N8UZE

Is an egg that's come to room temp and incubating a little bit of
salmonella really all that bad?

Not if you enjoy being sick.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 29th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in
ups.com:

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:

[...]

There you go again. Don't wonder who I am, go enjoy ham radio.

and tell people they need to learn code.

SC

GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 11:44 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 01:02 AM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Radio and Electronics Hania Lux Shortwave 0 October 18th 03 12:13 AM