Old October 30th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:53:09 -0500, Dave wrote:

wrote:

SNIPPED

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark, this is one of many references to your blogspot. What are you trying to say?

what ever I like
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

FLIP answer. Tnx for nothing.

Old October 30th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Your name wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote in news:76c0h.19656$UG4.15739
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

well the real easy answer to that question and the only one needed is:
NO.

Good, we should keep the requirement then, because it has kept a
lot of Bad people out of ham radio.

SC
Old October 30th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote in
:

wrote:

SNIPPED

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark, this is one of many references to your blogspot. What are you
trying to say?

Don't try to figure it out Dave, you'll just get a headache.

SC
Old October 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
wrote:

Snip off topic crapola

Quite frankly I'm tired of seeing posts arguing about the amateur code
requirement in rec.radio.shortwave so I'm kill filing everyone in the
thread or any other thread with that subject from now on.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old October 30th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Snip off topic crapola

Quite frankly I'm tired of seeing posts arguing about the amateur code
requirement in rec.radio.shortwave so I'm kill filing everyone in the
thread or any other thread with that subject from now on.

so do it and stop whing about it

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old October 30th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Good, we should keep the requirement then, because it has kept a
lot of Bad people out of ham radio.

SC

How come it didnt keep you out ?
Old October 30th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On 29 Oct 2006 13:06:10 -0800,
wrote:

an_old_friend wrote:
On 29 Oct 2006 12:05:42 -0800,
wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license.
but it can help retain those we get and encourage them into intagrate
into the ARs as opposed to being driven out by such as SC

How would retaining the code requirement help to retain those you do
get. I do not understand.
obviously you do not understand since the opisite was said ending code
tsting could help retain the new hams

I see that you real as well as you spell, which is not very good. I
was responding to the following: "but it can help retain those we get
".

I "real"? indeed I see what you are responding to but you clearly
can't read the sentence since neither of the preceeding poster is
tlaking about reatining code testing
and neither he 2 yet futher in the tree were talking and code testing
at all

the only one that thinks the poster are sufggesting code testing will
retain anything is you and where you get is beyond me

said:
"Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license. "

To which responded:
"but it can help retain those we get "

"I see that you real(sp) as well as you spell, which is not very good.

And said:
"the only one that thinks the poster are sufggesting code testing will
retain anything is you and where you get is beyond me"

If will take the time to read the threaded responses
he will understand how the thread unfolded.

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 30th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message

A-men.......... Bro! It's not getting anyone anywhere. Just tying up
bandwidth and making the groups BORING. I've killfiled more people than I
think the computer can keep track of. DAMNED. We'll be talking to

ourselves
pretty soon.

If you mean just SWLs discussing various aspects of the radio hobby on
rec.radio.shortwave, well, let's hope so. The code/no code discussion got
boring years ago. Or perhaps it's the posters who are boring. Either way,
the crossposters from rec.radio.amateur groups make up the bulk of my
killfile.

Frank Dresser

shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
178 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 November 22nd 04 03:49 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Shortwave 0 June 25th 04 07:32 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews General 0 June 25th 04 07:29 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM