Old January 25th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default FS: Harris RF-5000 Falcon Station - AN/GRC-231(V)2

I'm reluctantly selling my Harris RF-5000 Falcon base station ( or
mobile) set-up. All items work as they should, look nice and perform
to factory specifications. This a fantastic radio system and is VERY
rare in complete form as this one is. The RF-5000 is an IF DSP based
communications system... the US military's first.

The station consists of:

Harris RF-5020R/T exciter, all option boards EXCEPT Hopping,
Encryption, MILALE and Digital Voice, INCLUDES the RF-50110MD 39 tone
high speed (2400) modem, Harris ALE (AutoLink) A3 card etc.....

Harris RF-5031PA 125 watt amplifier - small and built like a TANK.
RARE

Harris RF-5051PS dual power supply

Harris RF-5072VSM dual shock-mount base

This is essentially the AN/GRC-231(V)2. A system that still is in
military use.... a remarkable and very capable HF communications
system.

Also included is:

Harris RF-5085MT-FP which is the bracket and remote cable kit to remote
the front panel of the RF-5020R/T as far as 50 feet from the rest of
the gear. I have my station in a closet and the head remoted at my
desk.... it makes for a vrey small footprint. Would make a fantastic
mobile set-up for a military vehicle or motorhome.

CD of manuals for all equipment.... all interconnecting cables and hand
mic for the radio... as well as some simple serial control software (no
cable included) and misc.

Not cheap, but rare in it's complete form, current and capable... $3400
plus shipping.

Contact me if you are interested, pics available.... reasonable offers
considered. USA sales only.

Mike, W9WIS
Redgranite,WI USA