Old June 11th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default FA: Kenwood R-5000 with RS-232, level converter and Int'l Radio 6kHz filter

Please see auction at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190121982731.

Thanks,
Walt

Old June 11th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

$700 reserve price, wow!

ups.com...

Old June 12th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

That's the "Buy it now", not the reserve.

-- Larry

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:18:04 -0400, "Paul Zak" wrote:

$700 reserve price, wow!

oups.com...

Old June 12th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

In article ,
says...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Please see auction at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190121982731.

Thanks,
Walt

Still too high, I paid less than that for a nearly mint Kenwood TS-
850sat recently.

BDK
Old June 12th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 03:24:31 -0400, BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
That's the "Buy it now", not the reserve.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:18:04 -0400, "Paul Zak" wrote:

$700 reserve price, wow!

Still too high, I paid less than that for a nearly mint Kenwood TS-
850sat recently.

First, it's none of your business what the seller asks -- if you don't like it,
don't bid on it.

Secondly, "too high" depends on whether or not it sells at that price, not your
(or my) opinion.

Thirdly, the price of one Kenwood has very little to do with the value of a
different model.

-- Larry

Old June 12th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jun 11, 10:36 am, "
wrote:
Please see auction at:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190121982731.

Thanks,
Walt

It's pretty pricey considering the Kenwood options it doesn't have.

Old June 12th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:14:57 -0400, BDK wrote:

First, it's none of your business what the seller asks -- if you don't like it,
don't bid on it.

LOL, you need to relax, and calm down. I'm assuming you're the seller
maybe? If not sit down and chill a little.

I have no idea who the seller is. I'm just sick of all the price cops who go
hand-in-hand with all the USEnet cops. What someone asks for an item is nobody's
business but his own. If it's too high, it won't sell. Period.

Since the TS850S is a much better receiver than a R5000 (if you dispute
that, well, it's your opinion alone, for the most part), AND has a 100
watt transmitter in the same box, it should be worth more.

Possibly not to someone who wants only a receiver.

I've owned 2 R5000's. Nice audio, but $700 is just not a realistic price
for a 20 year old, or close to it, receiver that runs very hot on AC
power.

That might be true -- but so what? Is it your mission to save the suckers of the
world?

If so, why not start right here in Washington DC? I can introduce you to
thousands of them...

-- Larry
Old June 12th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:14:57 -0400, BDK wrote:

First, it's none of your business what the seller asks -- if you don't like it,
don't bid on it.

LOL, you need to relax, and calm down. I'm assuming you're the seller
maybe? If not sit down and chill a little.

I have no idea who the seller is. I'm just sick of all the price cops who go
hand-in-hand with all the USEnet cops. What someone asks for an item is nobody's
business but his own. If it's too high, it won't sell. Period.

Aww, isn't that too bad. I guess I should be slapped for commenting..

Since the TS850S is a much better receiver than a R5000 (if you dispute
that, well, it's your opinion alone, for the most part), AND has a 100
watt transmitter in the same box, it should be worth more.

Possibly not to someone who wants only a receiver.

Well, that might be true, but it seems a pretty weak argument.

I've owned 2 R5000's. Nice audio, but $700 is just not a realistic price
for a 20 year old, or close to it, receiver that runs very hot on AC
power.

That might be true -- but so what? Is it your mission to save the suckers of the
world?

What is wrong with you? I just made a comment on the price. Sheesh, I
think someone needs a nap.

If so, why not start right here in Washington DC? I can introduce you to
thousands of them...

I'm sure you can.

BDK

-- Larry

Old June 13th 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
RHF RHF is offline

-

wrote in message
oups.com...
Please see auction at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190121982731.

Thanks,
Walt- Hide quoted text -

Larry,

That is correct the $700 is the Buy-It-Now Price.

Figure a 70% to 85% Reserve Price based on the
$700 Buy-It-Now Price : The Reserve would be in
the range of $490 to $595.

Seems to be Two (2) "Interested" Bidders so far.

imho - at this price-point there are several other
swl receivers that are worth considering ~ RHF