Old November 7th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default GM-300 Question

I have a Motorola GM300 that will not turn off the radio with the
power/volume knob even with the 16 pin assy. plug removed. Any hints?
Thanks
Chuck

Old November 7th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Chuck Carlson, KD6RSQ wrote:
I have a Motorola GM300 that will not turn off the radio with the
power/volume knob even with the 16 pin assy. plug removed. Any hints?
Thanks
Chuck

http://www.batlabs.com/maxrad.html#power

This section has some information on a problem opposite of what you have
but it may lead you to a point in the radio where you can diagnose where
the problem is.
Old November 8th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Nov 7, 3:22 pm, "Chuck Carlson, KD6RSQ" wrote:
I have a Motorola GM300 that will not turn off the radio with the
power/volume knob even with the 16 pin assy. plug removed. Any hints?
Thanks
Chuck

Chuck,
Quick question: Is this a radio you just picked up or was this a
working radio that started having a problem? Point is, I've aquired
radios that have been pre-modified from the previous owner (for
different reasons) and had to spend time attempting to return the
radio back to it's original state. Have you checked the on/off switch
to make sure it hasn't been soldered short, thus bypassing the on/ off
switch? Consider the same for the 16 pin... You may also want to
program the radio and disable the ignition sense till you find the
problem, just a thought...

Let me know your findings...

Regards,
David (((