Old April 16th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

Default FS: Digital Multimeter with Backlight, Nice!

I have one high quality Digital Multimeter, with easy-read blue backlight,
still left for sale.

This is an excellent quality digital multimeter, brand new still in the box,
with more features than most popular digital multimeters on the market
today!

Specs are as follows:

Handheld Digital Multimeter for measuring AC and DC voltage, DC current,
Resistance, Diode and PNP and NPN Transistor Tester
Bright Blue Backlight - very easy to read large digital display
Thick yellow rubber casing protects meter from splashes and bumps
Test Leads and 9V Battery are included
Low power requirement with automatic power off
Data hold function
Continuity beeper

Measurement Specifications:

DC Voltage: 200mV/2V/20V/200V ±0.5%, 600V ±0.8%
AC Voltage: 200V/600V ±1.2%
DC Current: 200?A/2mA/20mA ±1%, 200mA ±1.5%, 10A ±3%
Resistance: 200?/2K?/20K?/200K?/2M? ±0.8%
Display: LCD, 1999 counts
Fuse protection: F-200mA/250V
Operating Temperatu -0C to 40C
Overrange Indication: Only figure "1" on the display
Polarity Indication: "-" displayed for negative polarity
Low Battery Indication: - /+ display
Flip-out stand angles meter for ease of use in any location
Battery: 9V, Included
Dimensions: 138mm x 69mm x 31mm
Weight: ~160g

Meter is brand new in the box, and includes:

1 - Digital Multimeter with Backlight
1 - Instruction Manual
1 - Set of Test Leads
1 - 9V Battery

Photo (.jpg format) available upon request.

This is an exceptional value in a high quality digital multimeter,
ideal for electronic troubleshooting and repair work, available
for only $ 25.00 plus $ 6.00 shipping (Cont'l U.S. only).

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware
E-mail:

Old April 17th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

"Bill Golden" wrote in message

[...]

Makes me wonder. I keep reading the words "high quality" and "exceptional
value," but the fact that nowhere do you give a brand or a model, makes me
REALLY skeptical...

Old April 17th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:49:27 -0500, PowerHouse Communications wrote:
ideal for electronic troubleshooting and repair work, available
for only $ 25.00 plus $ 6.00 shipping (Cont'l U.S. only).

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware
E-mail:

Makes me wonder. I keep reading the words "high quality" and "exceptional
value," but the fact that nowhere do you give a brand or a model, makes me
REALLY skeptical...

Here's a slightly better meter with all the same features for
$15. It has a 1000V range and data hold.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=390-550
Old April 17th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

[...]

I was also skeptical, until I used this meter and compared it's features,
it's quality, and it's measurement accuracy with my Fluke Model 23
Series III digital multimeter, and my Tektronix Model DMM247 digital
multimeter.

I'm no longer skeptical. You may wish to try one yourself in order to
form an informed opinion.

Old April 17th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:18:03 GMT, Bill Golden wrote:

[...]

WHAT METER?

it's quality, and it's measurement accuracy with my Fluke Model 23
Series III digital multimeter, and my Tektronix Model DMM247 digital
multimeter.

I'm no longer skeptical. You may wish to try one yourself in order to
form an informed opinion.

WHAT IS THE MAKE AND MODEL? As long as you fail to include
this minimal information, it is just a junk of chinese noname garbage.

Hint: we don't believe you when you say it is better than a fluke.
And BTW, its specs suck. 1% to 6% accuracy? Give me a break. It might as
well be a 2 digit meter. Reminds me a sinclair LED meter from the 70's.
The last digit is just noise.

Old April 17th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:

[...]

What you choose to believe appears to be based upon an uninformed
opinion (unless you've personally tested and evaluated this meter, and
compared features,quality, and price with either a Fluke or a Tektronix
multimeter).

In order to formulate an informed opinion, rather than spewing forth an
uninformed opinion as you have, the make of this meter is XILE, and the
Model is XL830L. It is not a Fluke or a Tektronix meter, nor is it's price
that of a Fluke or a Tektronix multimeter.

Old April 17th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:

[...]

Where do you see specs that say "1% to 6% accuracy"? Those were not
the specs given, as anyone with reasonable intelligence can clearly see.
What have you been smoking ... ? g

Old April 17th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

Default Sold: Digital Multimeter with Backlight, Nice!

The last of these multimeters has been sold.
Thank you to those who inquired about it.

I'd also like to thank "AZ Nomad" for your opinions
(uninformed and inaccurate as they may have been),
and for your help in the sale of this last meter.

-Bill
KB3PT

Old April 17th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:
ideal for electronic troubleshooting and repair work, available
for only $ 25.00 plus $ 6.00 shipping (Cont'l U.S. only).

-Bill
KB3PT
Selbyville, Delaware
E-mail:

Makes me wonder. I keep reading the words "high quality" and

"exceptional
value," but the fact that nowhere do you give a brand or a model, makes

me
REALLY skeptical...

Here's a slightly better meter with all the same features for
$15. It has a 1000V range and data hold.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=390-550

There don't appear to be any accuracy specs whatsoever given for this
"slightly better meter" which you cite. Have you compared the accuracy
of the two meters to substantiate your opinion ?

Old April 17th 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:
ideal for electronic troubleshooting and repair work, available
for only $ 25.00 plus $ 6.00 shipping (Cont'l U.S. only).

-Bill
KB3PT1 Selbyville, Delaware
E-mail:

Makes me wonder. I keep reading the words "high quality" and

"exceptional
value," but the fact that nowhere do you give a brand or a model, makes

me
REALLY skeptical...

Here's a slightly better meter with all the same features for
$15. It has a 1000V range and data hold.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=390-550

It's specs say that this "slightly better meter" does not have auto
power-off.
The specs also show (at the bottom) that this "slightly better meter" has a
measurement range up to 600 Volts, both AC and DC. The specs for this
"slightly better meter" give no meter accuracy figures whatsoever.

So specifically what makes the meter you cite a "slightly better meter"
(other than you're saying it's a "slightly better meter")? Have you tried
one of these "slightly better meters"? Does it's low cost (for fewer
features) make it a "slightly better meter" ?

Oh, when you add in the lowest shipping charges for that "slightly better
meter", it's actual delivered cost isn't all that much different from the
meter
(with more features) which you've never seen, never used, never tested,
know nothing about ... the meter which you're "really skeptical" of.

Back to whatever it is you're smoking ... g