Old July 18th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Spectra question

Slightly off-topic, so I apologize. Please bear with me.

I have two UHF 110 watt Spectras, model T84FWA7HA9AK. Both make a loud
"pop" noise when mode is changed, when any other setting is changed, AND
when a signal is received. When the squelch opens...a loud pop...when the
squelch closes, same thing. This happens whether in the "Monitor" (PL) mode
or not.

Could this be a function of the dreaded capacitor problem I keep hearing
about? I looked on a couple of websites, and couldn't find this particular
malady.

If anyone has experienced this and can guide mw in the right direction, I
would appreciate it very much. Many thanks.

Please respond to: sx43ster at gmail dot com

Old July 19th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Hunchy wrote:
Slightly off-topic, so I apologize. Please bear with me.

I have two UHF 110 watt Spectras, model T84FWA7HA9AK. Both make a loud
"pop" noise when mode is changed, when any other setting is changed, AND
when a signal is received. When the squelch opens...a loud pop...when the
squelch closes, same thing. This happens whether in the "Monitor" (PL) mode
or not.

Could this be a function of the dreaded capacitor problem I keep hearing
about? I looked on a couple of websites, and couldn't find this particular
malady.

If anyone has experienced this and can guide mw in the right direction, I
would appreciate it very much. Many thanks.

Please respond to: sx43ster at gmail dot com

You indeed have the problem. See the link below. Also watch out if you
install new tantalum capacitors, the polarity markings change vendor to
vendor and you may put them in wrong.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/moto...ctra-caps.html
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT