Old August 19th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Nutley Fire Inspector siren problem....

Hi Fred,

I went to Nutley today on a complaint of a siren problem with the Fire
Inspector's car. It's an old bathtub Caprice with a Syntor and the model
9000 siren unit. The radio seems to function OK and the siren operates
normally except that the volume from the under hood speaker is VERY low.
I thought it was a bad speaker but when I hooked up another speaker it
was the same. I spoke to Mark at the police garage on Tremont Pl. via
phone to see if he had a spare siren amp for the car. He said he had
already looked at the car and replaced both the speaker and the siren
box in the trunk and that it did not change the problem. All the
connections seemed good so I was at a loss. Justin said he knew you had
seen this problem before with Syntor sirens but didn't remember what the
fix was.
I explained to Nutley that you were on vacation and they were OK with
it, but if there's an easy fix or something I'm missing I'll go back
tomorrow and try again.

73, Rich...

PS, Hope you're enjoying vacation!!!!