Old September 26th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Rig Identification

I picked this up with some other junk at a yard sale. Can anyone ID it?

I put pics of it on my hosting site.

http://radact.mysite.com/sale_page.html

TIA

Old September 30th 08, 07:27 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Sep 26, 4:28�am, "Juan" wrote:
I picked this up with some other junk at a yard sale. �Can anyone ID it?
http://radact.mysite.com/sale_page.html

It's a WR-39C RCA Television Calibrator.
Old September 30th 08, 10:48 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

DUH! Thanks.

Old September 30th 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Juan" wrote in message
I picked this up with some other junk at a yard sale. Can anyone ID it?

I put pics of it on my hosting site.

http://radact.mysite.com/sale_page.html

It's a signal generator, with crystal markers for calibration, to be used
for alignment of television RF and IF stages.

Old September 30th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

I picked this up with some other junk at a yard sale. Can anyone ID it?

I put pics of it on my hosting site.

http://radact.mysite.com/sale_page.html

It's a signal generator, with crystal markers for calibration, to be used
for alignment of television RF and IF stages.

Museum piece or movie prop.

Could be used for aligning OLD B&W TVs, and radios.

Old September 30th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

And-- will be more or less USELESS, after Feburary, of next year
(when NTSC television more or less becomes history, thanks to
Digital TV. Jim NN7K

Old September 30th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Jim-NN7K" . wrote in message
And-- will be more or less USELESS, after Feburary, of next year
(when NTSC television more or less becomes history, thanks to
Digital TV. Jim NN7K

Will still be tens of millions of analog televisions in use.

Old September 30th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Jim-NN7K" . wrote in message
And-- will be more or less USELESS, after Feburary, of next year
(when NTSC television more or less becomes history, thanks to
Digital TV. Jim NN7K

Will still be tens of millions of analog televisions in use.

I see a big market for used NTSC TV's going to hurricane ravaged places
like Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old October 2nd 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Juan" wrote in message
I picked this up with some other junk at a yard sale. Can anyone ID it?

I put pics of it on my hosting site.

http://radact.mysite.com/sale_page.html

It's a signal generator, with crystal markers for calibration, to be used
for alignment of television RF and IF stages.

Thanks much Brenda. Your answer was very professional. Just like a tech
would answer.