Old November 1st 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default ISO: Pinout on Motorola Power Connector

Does anyone out there happen to know the pinout of the power connector
on a Motorola TK-690H transceiver? Also, does it a require that a mic
be connected to receive? I picked one up at a surplus auction in
unknown condition with no power cable, and I'm trying to find out if it
works before I go and spend money on a cable & mic.

Thanks!

Geary Morton
Old November 2nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:22:11 -0400, Geary Morton wrote:

Does anyone out there happen to know the pinout of the power connector
on a Motorola TK-690H transceiver? Also, does it a require that a mic
be connected to receive? I picked one up at a surplus auction in
unknown condition with no power cable, and I'm trying to find out if it
works before I go and spend money on a cable & mic.

Thanks!

Geary Morton

The TK-690H is a Kenwood model number.

I have a pinout somewhere. I'll try and dig it out.
Old November 2nd 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

In article ,
Rich Osman wrote:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:22:11 -0400, Geary Morton wrote:

Does anyone out there happen to know the pinout of the power connector
on a Motorola TK-690H transceiver? Also, does it a require that a mic
be connected to receive? I picked one up at a surplus auction in
unknown condition with no power cable, and I'm trying to find out if it
works before I go and spend money on a cable & mic.

Thanks!

Geary Morton

The TK-690H is a Kenwood model number.

I have a pinout somewhere. I'll try and dig it out.

You're right - it IS a Kenwood! (What was I thinking?)

Geary
Old November 2nd 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Pinout on Motorola Power Connector

Does anyone out there happen to know the pinout of the power connector
on a Motorola TK-690H transceiver? Also, does it a require that a mic
be connected to receive? I picked one up at a surplus auction in
unknown condition with no power cable, and I'm trying to find out if it
works before I go and spend money on a cable & mic.

Thanks!

Geary Morton

You should ask a dealer. It is a recent model. Mic is not required to
receive. The squelch is set in menu. It is a 45 or 110 watt 30-50Mhz
model.

My recollection is that you could open the PA section and power it with
clipleads but that is 5 years old in my memory.

The unit can be wired for an external speaker though, with the internal
speaker disabled (because there is enough audio power in the radio to blow
the internal speaker). You would need a Detailed Service Manual to do the
mods. There are also options to remote the head and do various other wiring
options like ignition sense.

http://infotech.awardspace.com/

Old November 3rd 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

In article ,
Geary Morton wrote:

In article ,
Rich Osman wrote:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:22:11 -0400, Geary Morton wrote:

Does anyone out there happen to know the pinout of the power connector
on a Motorola TK-690H transceiver? Also, does it a require that a mic
be connected to receive? I picked one up at a surplus auction in
unknown condition with no power cable, and I'm trying to find out if it
works before I go and spend money on a cable & mic.

Thanks!

Geary Morton

The TK-690H is a Kenwood model number.

I have a pinout somewhere. I'll try and dig it out.

You're right - it IS a Kenwood! (What was I thinking?)

Geary

Turns out that it's dead - just a click in the speaker when you turn it
off & on. It's up on ebay now as a parts/repair rig. Thanks for the
information.

Geary

WJ TWT connector pinout? * Equipment 0 June 14th 04 07:59 PM
Need pinout for KDK mic connector Greg Courville Equipment 0 August 24th 03 06:14 PM
Need pinout for KDK mic connector Greg Courville Equipment 0 August 24th 03 06:14 PM
Need pinout for KDK mic connector Greg Courville General 0 August 24th 03 06:14 PM
Need pinout for KDK mic connector Greg Courville General 0 August 24th 03 06:14 PM