Old February 12th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Microphone needed

I need a microphone for an Icom IC-229H 2m mobile rig. I don't need a
fancy mike, just one with push to talk will be fine. The mic cable
should have a circular female connector with seven pins in an outside
circle and one pin in the center.

I can be reached at 651-426-4144 or

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ
Old February 13th 10, 06:42 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I need a microphone for an Icom IC-229H 2m mobile rig. I don't need a
fancy mike, just one with push to talk will be fine. The mic cable
should have a circular female connector with seven pins in an outside
circle and one pin in the center.

I can be reached at 651-426-4144 or

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ
Henry, might I suggest looking for 'Microphone Wiring' on the internet. The majority of mics, can be rewired as need be. The connector you mentioned is probably the one common on Yaesu mic cables. [a standard 8-pin female connector, with a 'locator notch' at the 6 o'clock position]. I believe there is a website listing possible DIRECT interchanges of mics. [IE: a ICOM mic may actually work on a Kenwood. Otherwise rewiring usually solves the problem]. Check with your local Amateur Radio Club, or sales outlet for assistance, if you're 'technically challenged'. Forget DIRECT interchange, if mic has fancy features.

Microphone needed Henry Homebrew 8 May 2nd 10 10:52 AM
OEM Microphone - China OEM Microphone Manufacturer [email protected] Shortwave 0 April 23rd 08 12:59 PM
Donation Needed: Yaesu FT101E Microphone deBaser Swap 0 November 12th 03 08:56 PM
MICROPHONE ADAPTER NEEDED Fumper Equipment 2 September 18th 03 06:35 PM
MICROPHONE ADAPTER NEEDED Fumper Equipment 0 September 17th 03 11:31 PM