Old April 12th 10, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Default FS: Sony ICF-6800W AM/FM/SW Radio exc. cond! (Orange Version)

I have a real "time capsule" condition Sony ICF-6800W (orange version)
SW radio. All lights working and not a scratch on front give or take
a couple of very small nicks that are only visible upon very, very,
close inspection. Includes power cord. Reception is excellent and I
was able to pull in numerous stations with just the rod antenna even
though I had the switch set to external. Once I switched it over I
was pulling in stations left and right. There are markings on back
where the original owner etched his license number. Asking $400 plus
postage. Picture is below and also I have included a link to
Universal Radio for info on this model:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hqxqj4.jpg

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../icf6800w.html

thanks,
JM
Old April 12th 10, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 11, 10:31*pm, LukeP wrote:
I have a real "time capsule" condition Sony ICF-6800W (orange version)
SW radio. *All lights working and not a scratch on front give or take
a couple of very small nicks that are only visible upon very, very,
close inspection. Includes power cord. *Reception is excellent and I
was able to pull in numerous stations with just the rod antenna even
though I had the switch set to external. *Once I switched it over I
was pulling in stations left and right. *There are markings on back
where the original owner etched his license number. *Asking $400 plus
postage. *Picture is below and also I have included a link to
Universal Radio for info on this model:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hqxqj4.jpg

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../icf6800w.html

thanks,
JM

That is one sharp looking radio, if it receives as well as it looks -
I would wonder why someone would sell it.

Old April 12th 10, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 11, 8:32*pm, Gregg wrote:
On Apr 11, 10:31*pm, LukeP wrote:

[...]

I think the short answer is, He's not a Radio Buff - or else he has
too many or needs the money. My big question is, Is the price tag
(which somebody will probably pay) for actual performance or just for
cachet? It's real pretty, and it's a SONY, but is it as good as other
$400 radios?

Bruce
Old April 13th 10, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 12, 1:38*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 11, 8:32*pm, Gregg wrote:

On Apr 11, 10:31*pm, LukeP wrote:

[...]

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

I know it isn't Bruce after what I have read. But I am sure someone
will pay the jack for it.
Old May 26th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

Still Available. I will lower price to $400 shipped anywhere in US
including insurance. If not sold soon I have an offer from Universal
Radio which will sell it for much, much, more.

thanks,
JM

Old May 26th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 25, 7:04*pm, LukeP wrote:
Still Available. *I will lower price to $400 shipped anywhere in US
including insurance. *If not sold soon I have an offer from Universal
Radio which will sell it for much, much, more.

thanks,
JM

Bumping this older thread I forgot about. Luke, if you're reading
this, whatever happened with your radio? I see this has been
crossposted but seeing the tune of the thread I won't change it.

Just curious.

FS: Sony ICF-6800W AM/FM/SW Radio exc. cond! (Orange Version) LukeP Shortwave 23 February 11th 15 08:39 PM
FS-SONY ICF-6800W ORANGE No Name Shortwave 0 July 2nd 09 01:06 PM
Sony ICF-6800W Orange ewcbob Shortwave 2 December 13th 07 02:56 PM
Sony icf 6800w orange user manual jono Shortwave 1 February 19th 07 11:11 AM