Old April 15th 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Default WANTED: VINTAGE MOBILE HF Ham ANTENNAS

Am looking for Vintage Mobile Antennas that were used in the 1950 - 1970's
Please advise availability, price and pictures.
73...Norm VE3CZI

Old April 16th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Norm VE3CZI wrote:
Am looking for Vintage Mobile Antennas that were used in the 1950 - 1970's
Please advise availability, price and pictures.

Hey Norm,

You gotta tell us what you are doing here, sounds like it might be
interesting..

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old April 17th 10, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Norm VE3CZI wrote:
Am looking for Vintage Mobile Antennas that were used in the 1950 - 1970's
Please advise availability, price and pictures.

Two points:

1. The ARRL Mobile Manual had a bunch of homebrew antenna projects, some built
from parts and some built from military surplus bits and pieces. Back then,
a _lot_ of hams were running homebrew antennae.

2. There are a lot of military surplus mobile antennae available from Fair
Radio Sales, and again that stuff was a lot more popular back in the
fifties and sixties than purpose-built ham antennae.
--scott

Old April 19th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

Appreciate all the replies received, direct and via the group.
I got my license in 1960 at age of 15. Everyone has a tendency to "collect"
something..my interest in mobile antennas goes away back.
Operating HF Mobile is one of the greatest thrills I know of, including QRP!
The Magic of Radio still prevails !

Now that I'm retired, I can obtain some of these antennas and compare them
with on the air evaluation..Not quite an Antenna shootout, but my own
evaluation.

Doubt that I can sell them to Newer Hams when I'm ready to dispose of them,
so will likely donate them to a local Radio Museum where the youth can see
that many mobile antennas were not Screwdriver Antennas.

73...Norm VE3CZI

Old April 20th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap

On Apr 15, 4:20*pm, "Norm VE3CZI" wrote:
Am looking for Vintage Mobile Antennas that were used in the 1950 - 1970's
Please advise availability, price and pictures.
73...Norm VE3CZI

I HAVE A WEBSTER BANDSPANNER MOBILE ANTENNA BUT HAVEN'T USE IT FOR
MANY YEARS.
LAST TIME I USED IT WAS ON 75 AND 40 MTRS MOBILE WITH HEATHKIT SB104A
AND HAD MANY
CONTACTS ON EAST COAST. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WOULD BE A REASONABLE SALE
PRICE.
HAVE NO NEED FOR IT NOW AS I AM AN OLD CODGER IN BAD HEALTH AND COULD
USE THE MONEY
TO PAY FOR LAST FOUR OPERATIONS. DON'T EXPECT TO BE HERE A LOT LONGER
AS ALL OPERATIONS
WERE ON HEART AND PAD AND NOW BLEEDING IN STOMACH FROM BLEEDING VEINS.
HAVE BEEN A HAM FOR OVER FIFTY YEARS, AND NOW HAVE MY OLD CALLSIGN
BACK THREE YEARS
AGO. K4ZYF, JOHN EVERHART , GREENVILLE SC

Mobile antennas art Antenna 1 November 9th 07 01:36 AM
FA: 6 Vintage Ham Radio Books - Handbooks, Antennas, Quads, RTTY, etc. Aaron Antenna 0 April 27th 05 02:41 AM
FA: 6 Vintage Ham Radio Books - Handbooks, Antennas, Quads, RTTY, etc. Aaron Equipment 0 April 27th 05 02:41 AM