Old July 7th 03, 11:06 PM
K5JOE

Default HF/6/144/440 Yaesu FT 857 Mobile Like NEW!!

As new in the box. Yaesu FT-857 HF/50/144/440 Mobile. 100 watts out on HF
and 6 Meters, 50 on 144 and 20 on 440. $750.00 plus shipping. Like NEW !!
Can be seen on my web page: http://www.k5joe.com/page3.html
73 and Happy Hammin'
Joe

Old July 8th 03, 12:41 AM
G.p.G. (DSL#5)

Joe:

*** 1st let me say THANK YOU Joe for finally
listing a price.* I for one will not click through to get
on your web site to see it.* Some guys have software
on their web servers setup to peer inside your PC.
Others make a few cents each time, with PopUp ads.
Not sure which your deal is, and I really don't want
to know.

*** I LOVE this radio (FT-857), just purchased one
BRAND NEW from AES at the 2003 Dayton
Hamvention for only $739, which of course included
NO SALES TAX and FREE SHIPPING to my door.
Also was able to put it on my credit card, with no extra
fees.* Joe do you take Credit Cards?* Is shipping included
in your $750 price?* Do you tack on any sale taxes?

*** My FT-857 was the favorite rig at this years Field Day. It
blows my FT-100D away in ease of use.* And how I love that
16 different color multi display.* I think I want another one,
but I'll wait until AES has another SuperFest in Milwaukee,
by that time they'll probably be selling FT-857's BRAND NEW
for $699.* I also picked up a FT-897 (another favorite at this years
Field Day) at Dayton's 2003 Hamvention for ONLY $829 same
out-the-door deal as described above.

73's
Gregory (K9OY)

Old July 8th 03, 01:57 AM
Tim Randa

Cut Joe (K5JOE) sum slack my friend. He has been around along time with more
sales under his belt than you X20.

de Tim KØFL-

France has neither winter, nor summer, nor morals.
France is miserable because it is filled with
Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable
because they live in France. - Mark Twain

K5JOE wrote:

As new in the box. Yaesu FT-857 HF/50/144/440 Mobile. 100 watts out on

HF
and 6 Meters, 50 on 144 and 20 on 440. $750.00 plus shipping. Like NEW

!!

Old July 8th 03, 02:29 AM
K5JOE

Thanks Tim for the good word. I have never had a radio that did not sell
for the price I needed for it, but as you know there are some people that
want you to give them away. I guess those people will have to wait till
next year and drive to that Ohio hamfest and fight the crowd.
PS: This is the add from AES on the 857 today:

***YAE FT857 YAESU MINI HF/6M/2M/430 XCVR $849.95

Tim, looks like I could save someone $ 100.00 on a like new 857 Yaesu.
73 and Happy Hammin'
K5JOE

. ..

Old July 8th 03, 02:38 AM
K5JOE

If you are interested in the radio and could afford it, you would click on
my link to my web page and see the radio and price. I host my own web page
on my computer and there are no pop up adds. I guess you have never heard
of that before. I guess the best thing for you to do is disregard my
postings in the future. That would save you a lot of time. Please go find
someone else to pick on and leave me alone.
Right now on AES, the price of the Yaesu FT-857 with shipping is over $
100.00 more than I am asking for mine. $ 864.00
Move on OM. If you come back with another comment, I guess we will all know
that you are just a whiner.

K5JOE

Old July 8th 03, 04:34 PM
VHFRadioBuff

he Yaesu FT-100D is
actually a much better buy @ $699

$699 was a special until June 30th at AES. It's now back to it's normal $949.95
at both AES and HRO.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net
National "Do Not Call" Registry: http://donotcall.gov
Old July 9th 03, 03:02 PM
VHFRadioBuff

You have to do some shopping. As of 21:45Z 07/08/03, several dealers are
still taking orders for the FT-100D @ $699.

I'm not shopping for one. The two "big" dealers are charging $949.95 for the
FT-100D. Since the FT-100D isn't be manufactured anymore, you'd think they'd
keep the price down so they can clear out their stock!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old July 9th 03, 03:52 PM
Paul Vanasse

"VHFRadioBuff" wrote in message

I'm not shopping for one. The two "big" dealers are charging $949.95 for

the
FT-100D. Since the FT-100D isn't be manufactured anymore, you'd think

they'd
keep the price down so they can clear out their stock!

Actually, they're not allowed to. Clearout, rebates, and such are controlled
solely with the permission from the manufacturers. It's part of the
licensing agreement between the wholesalers and the end-retailers.
Technically, the dealers aren't supposed to sell anything at a discounted
rate past the expiration date of the rebate (however most smaller retailer
do by backdating the sales). AES and HRO do not.

This is why I always purchase from the little guy. When buying from them,
there's much more flexibility and it isn't always about *price* or
*shipping*. Sometimes the personal advise is worth big $$$$.

When's the last time someone at HRO or AES gave you a bad review on a Yaesu,
Kenwood, or Icom radio?................Like never. Most of the little guys
will give you their opinion, good or bad

73 de Paul