Old August 15th 03, 01:28 AM
Uncle Jizzie

Default SALE: AOR AR1000XLT

This scanner works (I use it daily), but has a problem with its audio. Its
hard to describe, but I'll try anyway. When you turn it on and press the
scan button, it usually stops on the first channel to open the squelch, and
makes what sounds like "feedback". If you then pick up the scanner and
squeeze it slightly, the audio returns to normal and the radio resumes
scanning. After a while, you can usually set the radio down and it will work
normally, especially if you have an external speaker attached and positioned
in front of the radio. Also, when the radio is 'acting up', any external
sound such as someone in the room talking, a TV, etc. comes through on the
speaker or your headphones.
That being said, this radio would not make a good 'only' scanner, and
definitly is not for someone who is new to the hobby. But for someone who
likes to tinker around with electronics, or someone who needs a cheap wide
range receiver for back-up, it would be ideal.
I'll take $65 for the scanner, antenna, and carrying case.
Interested parties can email
I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have about it.

Pilot Travel Centers Fined $125,000! Jerry CB 107 December 10th 04 03:49 AM
Sale Is Over Lucky Shortwave 44 October 21st 04 06:13 AM
Last Day For Secret Icom Sale R-75 $425 Lucky Shortwave 6 October 17th 04 09:41 AM
2 CB / 2 EXPORT RADIOS FORE SALE!! Justin CB 3 March 30th 04 11:41 AM
Labor Day Sale Jmap702 Scanner 2 August 30th 03 07:38 PM